Non Office Safe Photos

Non Office Safe Photos

11 posts
14 June 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

What's with the recent spate of perfectly office safe photos (such as "snaps" of the insides and outsides of a studio or models wearing pefectly respectable lingerie and non provocative poses) finishing up in the "Only Non Office Safe" section of Latest Images

Posted 14 June 2018

To stop a few members who were 'accidentally forgetting' to select NSFW on Topless and Nude images, including in some instances even full frontal - quite possibly to try to get them on the publicly visible Activity Feed section to gain more views - Matt has had to set NSFW as the default to try to stop Purestorm landing trouble - i.e. allowing children to see images which parent-applied filters would hide.

Members now need to confirm uploaded images are Work Safe for them to appear as such.

This is possibly a slight inconvenience to some members who are only really interested in viewing NSFW images, but it is probably better to inconvenience a few than upset a great many.

Posted 14 June 2018
Mr_Catz
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
WebModerator

To stop a few members who were 'accidentally forgetting' to select NSFW on Topless and Nude images, including in some instances even full frontal - quite possibly to try to get them on the publicly visible Activity Feed section to gain more views - Matt has had to set NSFW as the default to try to stop Purestorm landing trouble - i.e. allowing children to see images which parent-applied filters would hide.

Members now need to confirm uploaded images are Work Safe for them to appear as such.

This is possibly a slight inconvenience to some members who are only really interested in viewing NSFW images, but it is probably better to inconvenience a few than upset a great many.

who said anything about "i9nconvenience" or "only really interested in viewing NSFW images.. It was an observation!!

Perhaps an explanation of the terms could be posted to the upload page for the benefit of new and sometimes non UK members.

From memory BTW the default of the "0ld" Purestorm WAS NSFW.

Posted 14 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

the question is what is office safe

some offices dont mind lingerie, some do. so i always consider lingerie as not office safe, but swimwear and sports wear as office safe.

and i do agree in the everything being not office safe unless its changed, 

Posted 14 June 2018
Mr_Catz
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
TinDolls

the question is what is office safe

some offices dont mind lingerie, some do. so i always consider lingerie as not office safe, but swimwear and sports wear as office safe.

and i do agree in the everything being not office safe unless its changed, 

There may be differences of opinion "at the edges" I used to be on a site where anyone wearing latex was considered "Not safe for work" as it can be a fetish material.. As for swimwear, there was a very nice photo on the front page a few weeks ago where at first glance the person wearing a bikini appears to be nude yet the person selecting the Headline Images chose it (just an observation for any touvhy choser)

Yet on the Not safe for work section is a headshot of a male with a beard, photos inside and ouside a studio for hire, fully clothed models etc.

Yes I agree the default should be (as I think it once was) not safe for work but I also think that there should be some guidance for new members.

Posted 14 June 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

Said "bearded man" now moved to "safe" images

Posted 14 June 2018
kai_kul
Photographer
kai_kul

If this is a question of being publicly visible, surely the site should be requiring log-ins in order to activate NSFW content.  If a kid can find the site, then they can find the button that makes the ladies' clothes fall off.

Posted 15 June 2018
Purestorm
Photographer
Purestorm
kai_kul

If this is a question of being publicly visible, surely the site should be requiring log-ins in order to activate NSFW content.  If a kid can find the site, then they can find the button that makes the ladies' clothes fall off.

There is no need, nor legal requirement, for a log-in to prevent minors seeing NSFW images.

If members correctly flag their images the parent-initiated content filters should pick them up and prevent them showing.

Posted 15 June 2018
Copperbronze
Photographer
Copperbronze
kai_kul

There's a button that does this?  Where is it?  It's not on my canon 6D

Posted 15 June 2018
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Copperbronze
kai_kul

the button that makes the ladies' clothes fall off.

There's a button that does this?  Where is it? 

Is it this one?

Posted 15 June 2018
Edited by Bob 15 June 2018
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix

The only work safe photos at the place I used to work at were the ID badge portaits. Worldwide customer base so careful not to offend any visitors.

Posted 23 June 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join