Introducing myself and any comments on how to improve my portfolio are...

Introducing myself and any comments on how to improve my portfolio are welcome

9 posts
13 June 2018
RRP
Photographer
RRP

Hi all,

I've recently joined here and would be grateful for some feedback on my profile. 

Many thanks

Ruth

Posted 13 June 2018
BasAndrews
Photographer
BasAndrews

You have a wonderful set of images making a lovely portfolio. I wish I had your skills.

Posted 17 June 2018
Edited by BasAndrews 18 June 2018
RRP
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Ive raised the topic in a different section. And dont get me wrong stunning images I also wish I had the time, patience and skills to produce them 

Posted 23 June 2018
Edited by TinDolls 23 June 2018
RRP
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Wonderfull pictures but should you be classified as a photographer or a digital artist ?

Posted 23 June 2018
RRP
RRP
Photographer
RRP

Thank you for the nice feedback. Hmmm I don’t think I could ever call myself a digital artist. I certainly use Lightroom and Photoshop to colour correct and retouch skin etc but more than that I unfortunately can’t do. I’d love to know how to composite and really play with colour. 

Posted 23 June 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls
RRP

Thank you for the nice feedback. Hmmm I don’t think I could ever call myself a digital artist. I certainly use Lightroom and Photoshop to colour correct and retouch skin etc but more than that I unfortunately can’t do. I’d love to know how to composite and really play with colour. 

You and me both im very limited in my photo editing

Posted 23 June 2018
Numb
Photographer
Numb

Hello there Ruth,

Very pleased when I arrived on your port.

One thing that immediately stands out and that I like personally, is that you have your own style. 

It's not generic and if I had known you before, I may see one of these images and think, yep that's one of Ruths.

It's obviously decorative and pretty and something that appeals to your own sensibility.

The images are well designed and created. I like the port very much.

All I would add is they are all a definite and particular style, so if you wanted to do something else or diversify, it might be an idea to add a couple of images that show something outside this type. Even something else that is close to what these are already doing, like for example, Headshots or Beauty

If you are happy to stay and work solely in this style and genre, then there is no need to add anything. Think it works very well as it is.

Thanks for the invite to look at and discuus your port. It was a pleasure.

Posted 24 June 2018
RRP
RRP
Photographer
RRP

Thank you for the kind feedback. Yes you're absolutely right that I probably should try something a bit different. I just do love the feminine, pretty style and almost always lean towards that. The image below was unusal for me (more down the glamour route which I never really do) so occasionally I do try something a bit different! 

Posted 26 June 2018
Numb
Numb
Photographer
Numb

Do what makes you happy.

End of.

Posted 26 June 2018
RRP
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join