Tagging models

4 posts
22 May 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

I note a lot of photographers seem to have a "habit" of not tagging models even though the relevant models are known by me to be members of Purestorm.

Oversight? Models get paid and no need to give them any more credit? Not wishing other photographers to know who has modelled for them?

I tend to tag models even if, ATM they may not still be a Purestorm member

Thoughts?

Posted 22 May 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

This is an old topic that has come up on this site and others. I never really follow why anybody gets so airrated about it. Ultimitaly that is down to the photographer. It could be they are not on this site or he knows they are not active on it so there is no point. It may happen that he was not happy with some aspect of the shoot and has no wish to promote that model. It could be the model has no wish to be tagged or has even removed the tag. Maybe because the work is not something she wishes to promote in terms of style. The work does not reflect the normal quality of work she aspires to. It may even be to a level that model has stopped doing or only does with certain photographers.

Whatever the reason it has nothing to do with anyone else but those involved. That is not simply my view but pretty much the summation of other threads I have seen on this

Posted 22 May 2018
Kimily
Photographer
Kimily

I posted some images recently without tagging the model. She nevertheless messaged me and remarked favourably on the images and her appearance in them. I asked her whether she wanted to be tagged but she affirmed that she didn't, saying they featured a level which she's not wlling to offer generally. I smiled and said to her that's what I had assumed.

If I don't tag a model there will be a reason. I occasionally receive messages from photographers asking who an untagged model is - and if they come across as 'entitled', such as the OP, they'll get a curt response from me.

Posted 23 May 2018
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Kimily

I posted some images recently without tagging the model. She nevertheless messaged me and remarked favourably on the images and her appearance in them. I asked her whether she wanted to be tagged but she affirmed that she didn't, saying they featured a level which she's not wlling to offer generally. I smiled and said to her that's what I had assumed.

If I don't tag a model there will be a reason. I occasionally receive messages from photographers asking who an untagged model is - and if they come across as 'entitled', such as the OP, they'll get a curt response from me.

I too work with classy models who don't want to be associated with scum like me so not being tagged is a condition of the shoot.

Posted 5 weeks ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join