Search and region

Search and region

3 posts
17 May 2018
MonochromeSet
Photographer
MonochromeSet

Can the county search criteria be replaced with a distance from instead? It's a pain on the neck having to do searching across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshie, Essex just to seek out 'the local/regional

Posted 17 May 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
MonochromeSet

Can the county search criteria be replaced with a distance from instead? It's a pain on the neck having to do searching across Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshie, Essex just to seek out 'the local/regional

I prefer the county option to be honest as I know exactly the area covered distance is a bit nebulous and will depend on how fully someone has completed their location details.

What I thought was going to be implements was the same option as in setting a casting. That is you could choose more than one county in your search criteria for castings or model search. I for example would want Bucks Oxon and possibly herts for the same reason as you I suspect. I live in one corner of Bucks so want models from nearby counties

That said there is a radius function. It just does not show until youdrill down to city/town level

Posted 17 May 2018
Edited by redbaron 17 May 2018
MonochromeSet
Photographer
MonochromeSet

If the solution is to permit multiple county selection in searches (surely the code already exists in the castings module) then I'd be happy with that

Posted 17 May 2018
Adrian
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join