Latest Images. Order box

Latest Images. Order box

12 posts
16 May 2018
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd

On Latest Images you get a choice of viewing order. Newest, Oldest Front Page Images.

Please, please get rid or rename "Front Page Images". Too close to the awful process on another site, where unknown people, using unknown criteria sit in judgement on every picture which becomes competitive. I stopped my subscription there because of it.

Thank you.

Posted 16 May 2018
Edited by RupertRudd 16 May 2018
matt
Photographer
matt

Do you have any suggestions as to what it could be renamed to?

Posted 16 May 2018
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography

Editors choice ?

Posted 16 May 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

why have a choice why not just randomise it, as long as they are office safe. so everyone gets a post on the front at 1 point or another 

Posted 17 May 2018
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd

Headline pictures.
Popular Choice. (Dunno how that would work).

I like Editors Choice as offered above.

Selected Favourites.

Star Selection.

Face of the Day.

Anything to disuade bragging tw*ts claiming to have 150 Front Page Images. It is off putting to those who either have none or very few and smells of cronyism.

Posted 17 May 2018
matt
Photographer
matt

@RupertRudd I quite like 'Headline Pictures'

@TinDolls We used to do that before so I might well do that again

Posted 17 May 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

Maybe allow photographers to select one image that they uploaded recently for the front page in any month. Then select from them. My only concern about random images is that can mean crap ones too, which will reflect badly on the site. This happend on NM where they just have recent images scrolling. As the number of serious phtographers using the site diminished sadly those images declined in quality and remained in your face longer Whatever system gets used there wiill be a conspiracy theorist out there convinced the whole site is out to bury their glorious work from site

Posted 17 May 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls
My only concern about random images is that can mean crap ones too, which will reflect badly on the site. This happend on NM where they just have recent images scrolling. 

i do agree there should be some sort of filter im not sure how it would work as on every site there is a deluded photographer or model who thinks they have good pictures ( i include myself in this ) as we all have different tastes maybe  random isnt such a good idea.

Posted 17 May 2018
Edited by TinDolls 19 May 2018
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops

What about showing them for a week and calling them Purestorms Weekly Tops, seeing as they are at the top of the index page. PWT .

Posted 18 May 2018
Edited by Two_stops 18 May 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos

Headline Photos?

Anything but Front Page Images with their tawdry reputation

Maybe a fornightly competition with members all being able to submit one photo and members being allowed to vote for photo of choice

Posted 18 May 2018
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls

Maybe a fornightly competition with members all being able to submit one photo and members being allowed to vote for photo of choice

That may become a clicky eurovision style farce if we get to vote

Posted 19 May 2018
Edited by TinDolls 19 May 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
TinDolls

That may become a clicky eurovision style farce if we get to vote

No more than the "mates vote" on the "FPI site" and at least all members can vote. From memory Madcow have/had a system : if one subnitted a photo then one was allowed to vote (apart from one's own) and the names of the people submitting photos wasn't revealed till the end.

Posted 19 May 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join