Non-'work safe' images invisible to non-members option.

Non-'work safe' images invisible to non-members option.

5 posts
2 weeks ago
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker

Can we have an option so that images that aren't 'Work Safe' are invisible to non-members?  (to be honest, I've never understood the 'work safe' option on here anyway as it doesn't seem to do anything unless I'm missing something)

Rather than having a seperate flag on each image, simply make it a flag for each person's profile.

Was just about to share the new-look profile on my my FB feed only to realise all my relatives and non-model industry contacts would see nude images.

Posted 2 weeks ago
matt
Photographer
matt

In the settings page you can change the visibility of your profile so that only your followers or logged in people can see it.

Posted 2 weeks ago
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker

I want to show non-members / the general public (ie. family & friends) the work-safe images though.  Perhaps a public/work-safe only option could be added there?

Posted 2 weeks ago
Bob
Photographer
Bob

I want both members and non-members to be able to freely view all my images, as there is nothing on my portfolio page that I am ashamed of.

So long as one's images are correctly flagged to allow Net-Nanny programmes to filter content for children viewing the site, why is there any need to censor portfolios?

Posted 2 weeks ago
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Bob

So long as one's images are correctly flagged to allow Net-Nanny programmes to filter content for children viewing the site, why is there any need to censor portfolios?

It would be nice to have the option (you don't have to use it), as I'm sure many of my friends without kids / relatives who are unlikely to be using net-nanny style programmes would probably not want to see them, nor do I particularly want to show the nude images to them. 

It's a feature that does appear on other sites too, with a certain main competitor allowing an override for the non-prudish so you get the best of both worlds.

Posted 2 weeks ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join