Where should I to move?

Where should I to move?

8 posts
2 weeks ago
RBM_ltd
Photographer
RBM_ltd

Hey guys, I want to advice in terms of where the hell I should live. I going to be returning to the UK, later this year and aim to set up a pad where I can also work from. I will still have my options open in France to come back and work, but after several years out in France, well I can’t say I am missing the UK, but for work, it would be better if I am back in the UK.

So, I have had considered East Sussex, Kent and Essex as places to move to and set up shop, somewhere close to travel options (such as airports) near to London for models to commute out, but which areas in the UK are the best for local models, and off course I am talking about Glamour models.

In honesty I have no idea where I want to live, suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted 2 weeks ago
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron

Places that may be good for models may not be so good for work. Depending I guess on what you are doing. Anywhere with easy commute to London would be a pretty safe bet I would have thought

Posted 2 weeks ago

As Redbaron said, anywhere with a good link to London is good. Somewhere along the main trainline from London to Edinburgh will also offer that ease of access to the rest of the country.

Posted 2 weeks ago
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh

Somewhere between Gatwick and London? Or Stanstead and London? If you have been away for seven years you might be shocked at the cost of accommodation in or near London...this might limit your options anyway.

Posted 2 weeks ago
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh

Also...what sort of business model are you thinking? It might be worth going a bit further out (say Margate....all the rage if you believe the self hype)....but you can buy somewhere big, relatively cheap...and have decent accommodation for models, run studio days and so on. But you might spend more on models if helping with travel etc.

Posted 2 weeks ago
RBM_ltd
Photographer
RBM_ltd

I have been away for several (not 7) years, as to Margate, it is too far out for train, and airport, the London to Edinburgh line and M1, I have done it before, although I do have a lot of friends in the north, I like to drive. After living in France, a country that is twice as big as the UK, you do drive some distance, I normally drive 600km on each shoot, and that is to my nearest airport and back (twice).

Ideally it would be in the South East, Essex, Kent or East Sussex. I already checked out prices all I wanted to know is where in the UK was bountiful of models. If you remember the old days, everyone uses to say their location was London, and then you would find out they were nowhere near it. I am aware of property prices and what I am looking for is in fact a reasonable price, compared to renting a studio for a few days, and staying at a hotel. One of the reasons of move back over is to save money, and work more frequent with some more, and less with other, I should save £500 on each shoot, most shoots set me back around £800, and that due to being located where I am and flight schedules out to this part of France.

Work, that comes to me or I go to it, and when someone want you to shoot for them and something like a beach shoot, it doesn’t mater where you live, you pack up and good to a nice beach or go abroad. You should never limit yourself, but ideal for my website production work, if I get a now show, it would be nice to have some local girls that I could get to stand in last minute or call up to shoot at short notice.

going to be Essex, Kent or maybe East Sussex. I was only curious if anyone had an insight to where more models where located.

Posted 2 weeks ago
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh

I lived in Chelmsford previously......it is quite central for a lot of models, and good transport links to London, to Stanstead and a lot of the home counties.

Not a cheap place for property however.

Posted 2 weeks ago
RBM_ltd
Photographer
RBM_ltd

Yeah, I consider Chelmsford and Colchester I have even look at a few places close to Stanstead, Essex does seem to be a hive of models, being near to the airport still also allows me to fly models in from EU still.

Moving back over would save money, not cost me more.

Posted 2 weeks ago
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join