Pure Storm Re-Launch?

Pure Storm Re-Launch?

6 posts
23 Feb 2018
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Seeing a lot of chatter about a re-launch.

Any truth in that?
Posted 24 Feb 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Ignore the embittered troll. There is a new site in development. I have seen and used it. Rightly Matt does not want to discuss it In advance. Preferring instead to launch when he is comfortable it is ready. I am not going to add any more. Other than people who say a site does not take 2 years are clueless about what actua,,y goes into developing a modern database driven website that functions on anything from an old iPhone through to the latest hi definition monitors. Particularly if working on it alone. I made the mistake of paying a professional to update my photography website. That was ‘just’ a wordpress site. It took nearly a year. Even after that I have been working on and off for weeks sorting missed pages screwed up seo and other bits. So unlike the loud mouths who have no interest in seeing the site recover I actually have some comprehension of what work is involved.

I don’t know if the redesign will be the catalyst for recovery with this site but for me healthy competition is good for all of us

Posted 24 Feb 2018
FlashBangWallop
Photographer
FlashBangWallop
redbaron

Other than people who say a site does not take 2 years are clueless about what actua,,y goes into developing a modern database driven website that functions on anything from an old iPhone through to the latest hi definition monitors. Particularly if working on it alone. I made the mistake of paying a professional to update my photography website. That was ‘just’ a wordpress site. It took nearly a year.

LOL.  
I see and hear this a lot...just excuses for not being up to the job, basically.

Posted 24 Feb 2018
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
thestarglider

The fortified wine site took three months to get started. THREE MONTHS.

Yeah, I can tell. Cant find another site that is so buggy and slow. Not to mention the UI from hell and stupid searvh system.  No wonder that owner is worried about the sites future.

Block 10 top posters and the forum pages are empty. Lots of "members" that jus create profiles and never get any references. 

Posted 24 Feb 2018
Edited by PHP_Photography 24 Feb 2018
Copperbronze
Photographer
Copperbronze
Anyone else like cheese and marmalade sandwiches, or is it just me?

Posted 24 Feb 2018
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Copperbronze

Anyone else like cheese and marmalade sandwiches, or is it just me?

Nooo! Marmalade is for toast only. Everyone knows that.

Posted 24 Feb 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join