video lights needed

6 posts
14 Sep 2017
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
I am looking to buy some video lights- nothing special needed really and wondered if anyone has any for sale or can suggest somewhere to purchase from? Many thanks

Posted 14 Sep 2017
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
TO be honest LED ones are as cheap as chips on ebay and Amazon if you are not looking for anything too special. I think I paid about £30 each for my ones a while back. The only thing to watch is that if you need several buy them all at the same time and the same make.

One thing that did crop up with other photographers is that the cheep ones can vary quite a bit in terms of colour temperature, which is pretty bloody useless. I came accross this even with my Bowens flash units. The Battery ones I bought just before the bastards went bust are very different from the old Gemini units I have so I cannot mix them unless of course for deliberate effect

Posted 14 Sep 2017
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
I have a couple of German Unomat lamps which I don't use any more. They are rated at 300 watts but I found that they were too bright and ran too hot and were better at lower wattages, especially with the sensitivity of modern cameras.
Very well made, they are mains powered, focussable and come with dichroics, barn doors, several spare bulbs, handles, stand all in a fairly slim lightweight flight case.
If you're interested, message me and they are yours for £20 plus the cost of delivery.

Posted 15 Sep 2017
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
PM sent

Posted 16 Sep 2017
MG
Photographer
MG
I have some portable Londa video lights. I bought a several of these HALOGEN lights quite a while ago. they are very similar to PAG lights. I use them quite a lot. They have hotshoe fittings. You can swap the Halogen bulbs for LED's and batteries last forever but they are nowhere near as bright and donlt give anywhere near as nice light as the Halogen ones.

If you need any more details then let me know. If you don;t need portability then the ones that W has look good and cheap as chips...

Posted 18 Sep 2017
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
Thanks you everyone. I am in the process of purchasing some lights now- thank you for taking the trouble to respond to my post everyone

Posted 20 Sep 2017
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join