Your Best Props?

14 posts
2 Nov 2016
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

My best props for photo shoots have been, weighttraining weights & a bottle of Jack Daniels.

What props have you used alongside your model in order to help create a stunning image?

And I do mean physical props, but you can include smoke and gels. frown
Posted 2 Nov 2016
jonathantennant
Photographer
jonathantennant
Chairs ..... funny have had a studio for 10 years but moved to a bigger one and now I seem to be collecting chairs

Posted 2 Nov 2016
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
jonathantennant

Chairs ..... funny have had a studio for 10 years but moved to a bigger one and now I seem to be collecting chairs

You can do a lot with chairs if you have the right type: contemporary or old-fashioned style. frown
Posted 2 Nov 2016
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
A bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil.

Posted 3 Nov 2016
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
RupertRudd

A bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil.

Great stuff for that wet look in photo shoots. cheeky
Posted 4 Nov 2016
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
I often buy materials and throws from fabric shops, eg the leopard-print throw used here...

Sunglasses and sunbed...

Best regards
Paul
Posted 4 Nov 2016
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Paul_Jones

I often buy materials and throws from fabric shops, eg the leopard-print throw used here...

Sunglasses and sunbed...

Best regards
Paul

Good idea Paul cheeky
Posted 8 Nov 2016
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Ladiesman
Great stuff for that wet look in photo shoots. 
Better for models and their skin if you use something like Almond oil or even vegetable oil, (yes the stuff you cook with) Baby oil is mineral based, Basically derived from the stuff you put in a car/lorry/bike engine, Not really best for health. Plus the fact almond oils soak into skin more easily unlike "baby" oils that tend to just sit there.
Posted 12 Nov 2016
Edited by paulford 12 Nov 2016
riddell
Photographer
riddell
I don't think you can limit yourself to a few props. I literally use hundreds and I use a lot of things once. They are acquired for a single shoot and then discarded.

Or of course the stylist brings them along.

Paul
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Posted 14 Nov 2016
TinDolls
Photographer
TinDolls
The best prop you can ever have is a good model props may help but if the model isn't good no prop will help

Posted 24 Feb 2018
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
For me, the best props (assuming they're good for the theme) are the model's own real things.

Posted 24 Feb 2018
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
paulford
Ladiesman
Better for models and their skin if you use something like Almond oil or even vegetable oil, (yes the stuff you cook with) Baby oil is mineral based, Basically derived from the stuff you put in a car/lorry/bike engine, Not really best for health. Plus the fact almond oils soak into skin more easily unlike "baby" oils that tend to just sit there.

Useful advice. However I want the oil to sit on the skin and not soak in. 'Spose work quickly after the oil has gone on if using almond, olive or other veggie oil.. Must question baby oil not best for health, I'm supposing if baby oil not good for health it would have gone out of use by now.

Posted 19 May 2018
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
RupertRudd
paulford
Ladiesman

Useful advice. However I want the oil to sit on the skin and not soak in. 'Spose work quickly after the oil has gone on if using almond, olive or other veggie oil.. Must question baby oil not best for health, I'm supposing if baby oil not good for health it would have gone out of use by now.

Raw coconut oil is very good for the wet look. Models like it because it also acts as a skin moisturiser. 

Nothing wrong with baby oil. I have been impressed with the raw coconut oil.

Posted 19 May 2018
Thunder_Photos
Photographer
Thunder_Photos
Ladiesman
RupertRudd
paulford
Ladiesman

Raw coconut oil is very good for the wet look. Models like it because it also acts as a skin moisturiser. 

Nothing wrong with baby oil. I have been impressed with the raw coconut oil.

I use massage oil. I know 2 models who are alergic to Johnson's baby oil

https://www.purestorm.com/image/1414557

Posted 19 May 2018
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join