Lightroom v Capture pro One

Lightroom v Capture pro One

11 posts
4 Aug 2016
HBPhotos
Photographer
HBPhotos
I need some help. I use lightroom 4 at moment and want to upgrade Now new lightroom is CC I dont want to pay each month for something in future if I stop paying for ill end up with nothing so im thinking about Capture pro OneAny one help me which way to go.
Many Thanks

Posted 4 Aug 2016
ash_t42
Photographer
ash_t42
You can buy the year in advance although I'd look at the photography package personally it's 80 for Lightroom and 110 for both photoshop and Lightroom

Posted 4 Aug 2016
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Not clear how we can help you - I use LightroomPhotoshop CC and think it's great. A colleague of mine swears by Capture One Pro. If you go for a standalone, you either face regular upgrades at a cost or you fall behind in functionality etc.

Personally I find Capture One harder to use but I haven't spent sufficient time learning.

Suggest you try trial periods on both and see which you find better to use and/or gives you better results, then you'll have to make a decision.

Dave

Posted 4 Aug 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Like it or not, software rental is the future. I too am a LR4 user (along with Photoshop CS4) but am absolutely determined to keep it going as long as possible before finally biting the bullet and getting a subscription. I'm not unhappy with my copy of Lightroom so see no need to upgrade (only a new camera or PC will actually force me to upgrade).

Why not just download the trial of Capture One? I did that with Lightroom originally and knew straight away that it was for me.

Posted 5 Aug 2016
MLP
Photographer
MLP
A false economy - best value software out there, worth every penny!

Posted 5 Aug 2016
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photogra..
You can still buy LR 6 perpetual license.

Posted 5 Aug 2016
MLP
Photographer
MLP
If I am not mistaken there is now a difference between the monthly paid CC LR and the 'LR 6 perpetual license'

Posted 5 Aug 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
MLP

If I am not mistaken there is now a difference between the monthly paid CC LR and the 'LR 6 perpetual license'

They're very different from what I've seen.  One of the neatest features is the ability to send a proxy-catalogue of sorts using low res images to your iPad and work on them with it on the move, and it will synchronise any changes back to your desktop version once you connect to the internet again.
Posted 5 Aug 2016
MLP
Photographer
MLP

So I was not mistaken!

Posted 5 Aug 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I think with Lightroom CC you can also set up an iPad to be a second screen for a desktop PC, or even use it as an additional control pad of sorts (with buttons/sliders on it).

Posted 5 Aug 2016
HBPhotos
Photographer
HBPhotos
First of many thanks for all the help here. Ive jut ordered a copy of Lightroom 6 from Wex for £104 should keep me going for a few years
Posted 6 Aug 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join