Master of Photography

Master of Photography

22 posts
28 July 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
Hot on the heels of Ink Master... and Skin Works...

http://petapixel.com/2016/07/08/master-photography-major-new-photo-competition-tv-show/

Posted 29 July 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Former Army colleague Rupert Frere now through to round three...

Posted 29 July 2016
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
Saw ep2 last night.

It's like buying Waitrose fabric condition compared to Aldi fabric conditioner.

It's all posh but it's still the same damn carcrash reality tv.

Plus, I'd have punched that "famous" street photographer, guy was a wanker.

Posted 29 July 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Havocphotography

Saw ep2 last night. It's like buying Waitrose fabric condition compared to Aldi fabric conditioner. It's all posh but it's still the same damn carcrash reality tv. Plus, I'd have punched that "famous" street photographer, guy was a wanker.

That too. Obviously the contestants are prohibited from commenting publicly, but Rupert's not a happy bunny atm. Silly restrictions to make it 'more televisual' means it's more about TV ratings and less about photography... 
Posted 29 July 2016
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Thing with most tv these days is choice,if don't like it,turn over or turn off.Will you be watching other episodes?..... I'm intrigued into finding out what cameras are being used & the "special" software that their allowed to use. Comments on series up to now-episode 1...Didn't feel Gina was worst altho I felt the other image as suggested by the guest judge was a better image for that task.The image of walls & a couple of paintings weren't (in my opinion)anything to do with the city in the brief.Episode 2-guest judge was very confrontational but yes that's tv,some image editing puzzled me but that's nowt new. Great forum topic,hope brings lots comments in....
Posted 30 July 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Well since it's sponsored by Leica and Peak Design, er... Leica cameras and Peak Design bags...

Posted 30 July 2016
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
I didn't know peak design bags did "special" software but just bags...."Arkady001" if you read my words properly you will see I asked about what cameras were used & not the manufacturer or sponsor.I read thru everything in the trailer and seen first 2 episodes but still haven't seen anything about Peak Design being a sponsor to the program... Anybody know what editing software (not bags) were being used....
Posted 31 July 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
*yawn* look closer then if you're so unbearably sad that you think it matters what cameras theyre using. It's written on the camera bodies. Freeze-frame works a treat.
The really important stuff - the EXIF - appears under the images as they're screened.

Posted 31 July 2016
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Many thanks for another informative reply.Never mind the *yawn*,I'm off to sleep........
Posted 31 July 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
The forum's very own 'Hovis' strikes again.

Posted 1 Aug 2016
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Hey All.im back for more punishment...re checked last episode(eps 2).checked photos & credits..i can see no mention of Peak Design OR the type of software used in the editing.My question was a simple (so I thought) question about camera models & editing software.... I'm not a Leica user or mac/apple or whatever user.i only watch the show via sky arts on my tv,not via pc/mobile etc.i also don't get on websites to dig deeper cause I thought a quick question on this post might help me better.. I know some ppl on here have ego's where they don't want to answer simple questions.But I m NOT sad by asking a simple question.Ive always been taught/told..if I'm not sure of something...ASK.... Looking forward to seeing next episode and what happens to the guy who didn't play by the rules.
Posted 1 Aug 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
xtiggerx

Hey All.im back for more punishment...re checked last episode(eps 2).checked photos & credits..i can see no mention of Peak Design OR the type of software used in the editing.My question was a simple (so I thought) question about camera models & editing software.... I'm not a Leica user or mac/apple or whatever user.i only watch the show via sky arts on my tv,not via pc/mobile etc.i also don't get on websites to dig deeper cause I thought a quick question on this post might help me better.. I know some ppl on here have ego's where they don't want to answer simple questions.But I m NOT sad by asking a simple question.Ive always been taught/told..if I'm not sure of something...ASK.... Looking forward to seeing next episode and what happens to the guy who didn't play by the rules.

My mate is on the show. It's sponsored by Leica and Peak design. I have messaged him your questions and await a response... 

Posted 1 Aug 2016
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Maybe they should have had celebrities do the photography and made them live in the same house for the duration of the series, celebrity big brother master of photography.

Posted 1 Aug 2016
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
HowardJ

Maybe they should have had celebrities do the photography and made them live in the same house for the duration of the series, celebrity big brother master of photography.

Someone said they should have had the guest celeb go out on the task too... I like that... It's easy to talk a good photo from the comfort of a TV studio... 
Posted 1 Aug 2016
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
arkady001

My mate is on the show. It's sponsored by Leica and Peak design. I have messaged him your questions and await a response... 

Ahhhhhh...So after all the crap and sarcasum you gave me (Arkady001),you actually dont know the "secret software" answer anyway.......A easy,"no idea ill ask my mate who's on the show" would have been so much easier.
As for the celebrity bb/masters of photography wouldnt work cause its a limited market and massively too technical for the BB/CBB crowd,and before any replies to the tech comment,yes im not photo tech minded either....
Have a good day.....
Posted 2 Aug 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join