Question for Mac users.

Question for Mac users.

6 posts
11 May 2016
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh

My HD is partitioned into two. One has the OS I normally use (images etc are stored on an external HD). I use the second partition to experiment with.

Earlier today I cloned my 'main' OS partition to the second partition...then upgraded it to El Capitan...which I am using at the moment to see how it goes.

My feeling is everything is working a lot faster. Anyone else using El Capitan...and if so, any observations?

Posted 11 May 2016
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Can't say for sure that speed increases are solely down to the OS as I've also replaced the boot / applications disk with an SSD and installed another SSD as Lightroom scratch disk, but certainly LR and CS6CC run very well.

Posted 11 May 2016
Edited by eosfan 11 May 2016
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
I installed El Capitan on day 1. Speed increase? Haven't noticed one but my iMac is way over the hill unfortunately.

Posted 12 May 2016
Hollywood3DPhoto
Photographer
Hollywood3DPhoto
I have a newer Mac (mid 2014) running 10.10 Yosmite. When I upgraded to El Capitan, I lost too many applications and via the Time Machine retreated back to Yosmite.

Posted 12 June 2016
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I upgraded to El Capitan (Mac book Pro) no problems no programs or apps lost. After a short acclimatisation I prefer El Capitan over all previous operating systems, I think it has speeded up some applications, not 'night and day' but noticeable.

Posted 12 June 2016
MG
Photographer
MG
Hollywood3DPhoto
I have a newer Mac (mid 2014) running 10.10 Yosmite. When I upgraded to El Capitan, I lost too many applications and via the Time Machine retreated back to Yosmite.
Think i will stay whete i am then! Thanks quite happy with yosmite.
Posted 19 July 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join