Model tours

8 posts
7 May 2016
Rhadamanthus
Photographer
Rhadamanthus

I recently made post to the effect that whenever you spot the "perfect" model's profile she always live miles away. At the time it was little more than a casual observation, but one model rightly pointed out that is why models do tours. This of course seems a sensible solution, however I have only booked a model on tour once and that ended with a late night e-mail cancellation from the model that I didn't see until the next day.

So I would like to know how model tours have worked out for you both from a photographer's (did the booking go smoothly) and model's point of view (was the tour successful)

TIA
Dave

Posted 7 May 2016
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
I see tours all the time, but I tell you, I've never seen anyone tour Brighton. The problem is that every model seems to think it's "just down the road" from London!

Good luck to you anyway, sorry for the not-answer!

Posted 7 May 2016
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hi Dave

I've worked with a number of models who have toured or "targeted" my area, I've even put up a number previously who stay / shoot locally, ranging from short weekend trips to whole week tour's, some even use the house for their shoots, in turn I get to work with them whereas they get somewhere to stay and shoot if needed, it seems to be a win / win situation to me

Posted 7 May 2016
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
A model on tour cancelled a booking with a friend of mine, who had just paid £55 for the room 10 minutes earlier!

She then went on to Facebook joking and posting about guys looking at her on the motorway journey back home.

So, myself and the good wife then went over and had lunch with him at the Harvester next door.

I have shown interest in a model who sometimes house sits for a photographer (I think) a few miles from me. As she is a 4 hours round trip it seemed good to contact her. The 06:30 message to say she was going home early was not a surprise.....

Posted 7 May 2016
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
Booked models 5 times on tours. 3 cancelled late on me, the other 2 were perfect.

Posted 9 May 2016
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
I provided accommodation for a touring model. It worked well but cost me a good steak dinner out - happily).

Posted 9 May 2016
Amber6
Model
Amber6
I'm surprised to hear about all the models touring who have cancelled - especially last minute cancellations! I was based in London for 10 years and I never did this touring lark until I moved home to SW Scotland last year. It is a necessary evil now! Were the cancellations from touring models transport related? If so, I guess that makes sense. Otherwise the cancellations surprise me, because if anything, when I tour it's forced me to be super organised (not my normal MO ). I strategically book everything in advance like accommodation, train tickets, and (hopefully!) my bookings - changing my schedule sends me into a right tizzy. Ironically, I've had more cancellations from photographers when touring, and indeed, my very first 'no show' in March
Posted 9 May 2016
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
I had a shoot last week with klouisemodel, my first ever shoot with a touring model, and it went brilliantly.

Posted 11 May 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join