Free software! NIK collection

Free software! NIK collection

6 posts
26 March 2016
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
This looks like a good deal: http://petapixel.com/2016/03/24/googles-150-nik-collection-photo-editing-software-now-100-free/
Posted 26 March 2016
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
I cant resist a freebie, and its good stuff too! Thanks anthonyh!

Posted 27 March 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
I saw a free topaz collection too, oh wait though... that was a torrent - hehehe...

Posted 27 March 2016
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
The sad thing is that far from being generous this is just Google quietly dumping the product. Originally they only bought up the company for Snapseed, promptly sacking most of the developers. Now having decided they have no use for the other program after all they are now throwing the rest in the trash.

Microsoft did much the same with a highly regarded image cataloging software a few years back. These big boys don't give a stuff about the loyal customer base these little companies build up.

Posted 27 March 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
redbaron

The sad thing is that far from being generous this is just Google quietly dumping the product.

Indeed.  Only recently they also announced the dumping of Picasa which I use all the time in work as a quick/free cataloguing tool.  Aparently they're making all their software web /server-side based for ease of use for Joe Public (ie. Watered down functionality)
Posted 27 March 2016
Edited by RedChecker 27 March 2016
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
redbaron

Microsoft did much the same with a highly regarded image cataloging software a few years back.

What was it called ? Don't recall any such software from MS.

Posted 28 March 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join