Light Factory (lens flare) alternatives for Photoshop CC on PC

Light Factory (lens flare) alternatives for Photoshop CC on PC

8 posts
28 Jan 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
As per the title... does anyone know of any alternatives for Light Factory (which no longer supports Photoshop) for use with Photoshop CC to create custom lens flares and that work on a PC?

I've seen there's one called mFlare but sadly that's Mac only (and no, I don't ever want to buy a Mac).
Posted 28 Jan 2016
Edited by RedChecker 28 Jan 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
BrushEEzy - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+photoshop+lens+flare

No compatibility required...

Posted 29 Jan 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Knoll Light Factory was far more advanced than simply adding 'dumb' flares. As you moved the target point (for the light) around the image it would change the properties of the elements of the flare depending on distance from the centre and angle to the centre-line of the image and would create extra artifacts when positioned close to the image edges. The various elements would also react differently based on background colour. It did it all quickly and easily too, along with the ability to fully customise the elements of each flare and save presets... that's the functionality I want.

Posted 29 Jan 2016
Edited by RedChecker 29 Jan 2016
Adrian
Photographer
Adrian
Have you had a look at mFlare?, it may be suitable for you

Posted 29 Jan 2016
Edited by Adrian 29 Jan 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Adrian

Have you had a look at mFlare?, it may be suitable for you

Yep, it's Mac only though (although appears to be the best successor to Knoll Light Factory following its demise/transition to a video-only plugin)
Posted 29 Jan 2016
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
I can think of several flare filters, but none with the level of functionality that you want. Flares are so passe' and cliche' now they don't get much attention. I use brushes and just modify the brush once stamped, to my needs, but I do understand where you're coming from.

Posted 29 Jan 2016
diipii
Photographer
diipii
Avoid these short term gimmicks.

Posted 14 Feb 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Alternatively, recognise that trends are important in providing customer needs. Funny how many list 'fashion' as an interest but worry about trends...

Posted 15 Feb 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join