Loulou - newbie

14 posts
16 Jan 2016
Hi just like to say hello and hoping I'm going to get some good shoots to make a good portfolio ... or am I kidding myself to think I have potential xx

Posted 16 Jan 2016
Edited by Loulou90 16 Jan 2016
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I'd go with less fake tan. It seems to age you a little.

Posted 16 Jan 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
You're not kidding yourself, but your current look ( I do appreciate its selfies and friends pictures right now) is very 'facebook' and pouty looking, which for me would be offputting. The tan is a no no too for me. Hopefully you'll find someone good, and tasteful, to show you really,well.

Posted 16 Jan 2016
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotogr..
If I were you, I'd remove all the photos then get a friend to point the camera at me and take some nonpouty shots. Photographers will appriciate them far more than the current content.

Posted 17 Jan 2016
Hi There Loulou,

You have accordinging to your statistics, a nice figure and good height. I think you have lovely eyes & photogenic face which could be enhanced with some professional images of yourself. There are plenty of photographers in your neck of the woods, listed on Purestorm, actively seeking TFP models...approach a few and see if you can set up some shoots. Modelling is like riding a bike, once learnt never forgotten - you will soon learn which poses suit you and yes, ditch the fake tan and less of the FB pouting look would be best. Study some magazines and try and emulate the poses of models, infront of your own mirror then practice accordingly before a proper studio shoot. Look forward to seeing the results. Good luck cheeky

http://www.purestorm.com/search-models.aspx?dd_mType=3&frm_country=United+Kingdom&frm_town=Kent&frm_sex=Any&x=7&y=9

Posted 17 Jan 2016
Edited by SuzyMonty 17 Jan 2016
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
You have a pretty face, and what looks like a decent figure. You desperately need some decent images to add to your portfolio. Find a local photographer whose work you admire and ask for a shoot. You lose nothing by asking.
I would also upgrade your notes a little, they are very sparse. Look at other models portfolio's, and have a look at their wording. Its your opportunity to advertise yourself, and tell everyone how good you are (or could be), so don't just put two lines! A well constructed profile shows to a photographer that you have put some effort into creating it, and you may be worth a shoot.
Good Luck!

Posted 17 Jan 2016
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Hi LouLou90,
Whether you have potential or not, to me, is far more to do with how contactable you prove to be, ie whether or not you respond swiftly to messages, and how reliable you then are, ie., turn up well prepared, on time, every time, & provide feedback after the shoot. It doesn't matter how lovely you are if photographers don't get a response, you fail to show, or aren't prepared. I once photographed a top model who'd been out clubbing late (early more like) the night before, and she had very bleary eyes, not to mention she was a bit lethargic. That's a good example of being 'unprepared'. The date for the shoot had been arranged weeks beforehand. A good selection of clothes etc. is also desirable. Having said that, - to me you look very pretty, & you have a nice figure. I realise the selfies you've taken are just that, and you need guidance and direction from the photographer as to posing and facial expressions, but I think anyone who hasn't modelled before is going to initially make much the same errors. My only concern is likewise the tan, I'm guessing it will fade over-winter and I'd suggest you don't try to renew it. Not sure how much is real and how much is fake, but fake can look streaky. I personally would say, avoid it and a number of others think the same it seems.

Posted 17 Jan 2016
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Pretty girl, nice hair, height, figure you look good Put up a casting for tfp and select an appropriate candidate Hope it works out for you
Posted 17 Jan 2016
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphoto..
Carpe_Diem

Pretty girl, nice hair, height, figure you look good

Put up a casting for tfp and select an appropriate candidate

Hope it works out for you

Ditto, I`d certainly be happy to shoot you on a TF basis to help you get started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_print

Posted 17 Jan 2016
Edited by grahamsphotography 17 Jan 2016
New_lens
Photographer
New_lens
I have offered Loulou, but NO reply not even a curtious no thanks

Posted 17 Jan 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Maybe hasn't had chance to respond yet, or doesn't like what you do, no sense getting indignant publicly.

Posted 18 Jan 2016
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
Well, she has removed most of the pouty photographs so she's been reading this thread at the very least.

Posted 18 Jan 2016
VinceB
Photographer
VinceB
Hi LouLou

I would agree with the majority on previous comments that you need to get a decent set of images up on here
Find someone willing to work TF with you in order to get some images your happy with,
don't just go with anyone that offers, look at they're portfolio and see if they are producing a style and quality you are happy with.

also your notes are a little spartan, and could do with some fleshing out,
are there any skills you have that could attract photographers, for example Im always on the lookout for professionally trained dancers etc.

above all though, welcome and enjoy your experiences here

Posted 18 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Everyone has to start somewhere and I would suggest you persevere with two or three shoots before deciding whether internet modelling is right for you or not. I would hope that any decent local photographers would support you in getting those shoots under your belt in a supportive and considerate fashion. It's clear from your selfies that you're not some ugly monster so there's no excuses for them not to really.

Good luck, and I hope it works out
Posted 19 Jan 2016
Edited by marlhamphoto 19 Jan 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join