how to promote yourself on the site?

how to promote yourself on the site?

16 posts
6 Jan 2016
Hi all.
Well,i am finding a bit hard to "promote" my portfolio..i know i cant have a profissional carreer on modeling, but i want to do it as a hobbie. So i dont know how to expose my ideas to photographers, i really would like new challenges.

Posted 6 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
1. Raise a thread in the forum

2. Shoot some really nice pictures with photographers who know what they're doing.

3. Post the resultant pictures in your port, in competitions and in as many places as you can - refresh them regularly.

Job done

No 2 is the hardest bit - finding capable photographers willing to provide you with a style of imagery which sells you well. So lots of ferreting around and PMs to likely looking candidates.

Good luck
Posted 6 Jan 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Not,certain about your look right now, there seems to be a mix in your portfolio and I can't reconcile this with your stats. Otherwise we've some techniques and projects that need a model, and tf might be an option if you'd be interested?

Posted 6 Jan 2016
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Looking at your portfolio it's obvious to me that you have plenty of potential. I'm sure if you follow the instructions above you will have dozens of good photographers to choose from. Good look
Posted 7 Jan 2016
Purestorm offer plenty of good advice - see ARTICLES, bottom right on main page.

http://www.purestorm.com/elements.aspx

Posted 7 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
1. Raise a thread in the forum 2. Shoot some really nice pictures with photographers who know what they're doing. 3. Post the resultant pictures in your port, in competitions and in as many places as you can - refresh them regularly. Job done No 2 is the hardest bit - finding capable photographers willing to provide you with a style of imagery which sells you well. So lots of ferreting around and PMs to likely looking candidates. Good luck
HI,thank you for your reply and advice I try to participate in competitions, but it is hard because it is always about how many people you know and talk and not actually about how good is the photo or how good is the model, so i always think it is a bit unfair. yeah, the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.
Posted 7 Jan 2016
profilepictures
Not,certain about your look right now, there seems to be a mix in your portfolio and I can't reconcile this with your stats. Otherwise we've some techniques and projects that need a model, and tf might be an option if you'd be interested?
Hi. As i said in one of my replies i dont know which is my style really, because i only done amateur photoshoots thats why my portfolio is a mix. Yeah, i am interested..always willing to learn more Thanks for you reply
Posted 7 Jan 2016
Ladiesman
Looking at your portfolio it's obvious to me that you have plenty of potential. I'm sure if you follow the instructions above you will have dozens of good photographers to choose from. Good look
Hi. Thanks for your reply and good review about my portfolio. I have a lot to work in every aspect that involves modelling but with work, new challenges and opportunities i will get better
Posted 7 Jan 2016
SuzyMonty
Purestorm offer plenty of good advice - see ARTICLES, bottom right on main page. http://www.purestorm.com/elements.aspx
Thanks
Posted 7 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
vanessasoares

HI,thank you for your reply and advice I try to participate in competitions, but it is hard because it is always about how many people you know and talk and not actually about how good is the photo or how good is the model, so i always think it is a bit unfair. yeah, the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.

That's very true but it assumes the only reason for entering is to win the competition. However if I were you I'd enter every competition going whether you expect to win or not - it gets your likeness out there and in front of peoples' noses. Some competitions don't allow a profile link but others do. Obviously it makes it easier for people to discover who you are and to contact you if competition entries include a link!
Posted 7 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
vanessasoares

the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.

Well if your here to make money then sexy sells. That doesn't mean you have to offer nudity necessarily but in my experience if you expect to make money from clothed modelling it's as much about your wardrobe as it is you. Good quality lingerie sets ought to enhance your prospect of being paid for boudoir shoots for example. But good quality lingerie isn't cheap!

If you're here simply to enjoy yourself then you have much more scope.
Posted 7 Jan 2016
Edited by marlhamphoto 7 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
That's very true but it assumes the only reason for entering is to win the competition. However if I were you I'd enter every competition going whether you expect to win or not - it gets your likeness out there and in front of peoples' noses. Some competitions don't allow a profile link but others do. Obviously it makes it easier for people to discover who you are and to contact you if competition entries include a link!
hm, thats a good perspective of the thing..i will take you advise, thanks :P
Posted 7 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Well if your here to make money then sexy sells. That doesn't mean you have to offer nudity necessarily but in my experience if you expect to make money from clothed modelling it's as much about your wardrobe as it is you. Good quality lingerie sets ought to enhance your prospect of being paid for boudoir shoots for example. But good quality lingerie isn't cheap! If you're here simply to enjoy yourself then you have much more scope.
well, i am here most to have new opportunities, it would be great if it would be paid, but since i am amateur i dont expect anyone to pay,honestly. yeah, definitely i am here most to enjoy myself
Posted 7 Jan 2016
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
The problem any new model has on a site such as this is competition with other models. There are so many for a photographer to choose from, but to get yourself noticed, definitely follow the advice above. Slowly but surely is the way to go, allow yourself to find yourself as a model. If you have your own ideas for a shoot, raise a casting call requesting to try them out, either TF or paid. The other problem... Kings Lynn is in the middle of nowhere so unless you're prepared to travel, expect to only attract photographers in the Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincolnshire or Cambs areas
Posted 8 Jan 2016
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
TheChrisS

The problem any new model has on a site such as this is competition with other models. There are so many for a photographer to choose from...

New models tend to have a honeymoon period simply because they're a new face. I'd be surprised if Vanessa hasn't received plenty of offers already - but the problem she'll have is figuring out which of them are worth saying yes to, if any. Although she's clearly had one offer in this thread and if I was her I'd take it up and delay saying yes to anything else for the time being. She'll be better placed to judge what to accept after working with ProfilePictures - in my opinion.
Posted 8 Jan 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join