canon 650d

6 posts
3 Jan 2016
PCMPhotography
Photographer
PCMPhotography
Have a friend who has canon 650d.can the white balance be set so it can be used with studio flash using horshoe trifgger?
many thanks
Posted 3 Jan 2016
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Yes - he can :

Read the instruction book or watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZGrSQ2IFI

Its very simple and takes 30 secs.

Any problems, message me.

Dave

Posted 3 Jan 2016
riddell
Photographer
riddell

I'll assume he is using jpg, because of course it doesn't matter with RAW.

Best to grey card and set a custom white balance.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Posted 4 Jan 2016
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
riddell

I'll assume he is using jpg, because of course it doesn't matter with RAW.

It would matter if he's got it set to auto, whether using RAW or not it'd be a bitch to process sets of images with the WB going up & down like a yo-yo (seen many people do this)
Posted 4 Jan 2016
riddell
Photographer
riddell
RedChecker

It would matter if he's got it set to auto, whether using RAW or not it'd be a bitch to process sets of images with the WB going up & down like a yo-yo (seen many people do this)

Not at all. You simply white balance from the reference image, then apply your receipe to all the images. Easy. Takes less than 10 seconds, assuming that you are using a decent RAW convertor.

Posted 6 Jan 2016
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I was a bit confused here too, regularly taking sets of 350+ images in a range,of indoor,and outdoor settings, its pretty much the case of shooting raw and selecting all in lightroom, press 'auto' (or wiggle the slider a bit to achieve te right look, synchronise and done. I'm always wondering if I'm missing an important point here since I've never encountered a problem with white balance really, in camera or in processing; and it seems such a hug deal for many folk.

I appreciate sometimes bad luck will give you natural light one side of the subject and incandescent the other, which often looks horrible, but even then you can just use an adjustment brush to tweak, or better still avoid unfortunate lighting.

Posted 6 Jan 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join