Polite no thank yous

Polite no thank yous

18 posts
12 Dec 2015
Hey!

Just a quick one. I personally have been replying to every message wether I'm interested or it's a polite no Thankyou. But is it over polite to reply back to everyone? Is it the thing to do on this site?

Your thoughts please.

I feel awkward when I'm not interested in working with someone and dread an upset message back but it's just polite isn't it?

Posted 12 Dec 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Everyone appreciates a reply, even if its "no thanks". Keep up the good work.

Posted 13 Dec 2015
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
A nothanks is always welcome as it will keep you in mind for future shoots a non answer will not in my view

Posted 13 Dec 2015
Thankyou I thought so
Posted 13 Dec 2015
AndyGStudios
Photographer
AndyGStudios
Replying to every message shows more effort than I've seen in a long time Good job, keep it up. *reaches up and waves at you i'm so close*
Posted 18 Dec 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

Now that's what I call a professional attitude. 
Posted 18 Dec 2015
Edited by Mr_Catz 18 Dec 2015
Well done Jamila. Perfect example to everyone, be it models, photographers, studio's ect'.

Posted 20 Dec 2015
Gordon
Photographer
Gordon
w4pictures

Everyone appreciates a reply, even if its "no thanks". Keep up the good work.

A few years ago I  had a rude reply from a model who I sent a mesage saying "no thank you" when she repied to my casting call, I sent her a mesage back saying what makes her so  special, then blocked her from sending me any more mesages and warned a few others not the have anything to do with her. I still send mesages out saying no thank you, even iif that dumb cow was rude to me. She is no longer on this site. What made things even worse , she claimed to be a very experienced model.

Posted 21 Dec 2015
Edited by Gordon 21 Dec 2015
I reply to enquiries quickly & politely. There is no need for anybody to be rude at any time . Some people do find rejection hard to take, but there is no point in being unpleasant.

Posted 28 Dec 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
It sure ain't wrong!
Posted 28 Dec 2015
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
I got a no thanks in 2009!
http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=121804

I have to say they are very welcome but very rare.
Since 2009, I think I have had 3.
Posted 31 Dec 2015
Edited by swchughes 31 Dec 2015
marty55UK
Photographer
marty55UK
It's a pity not many are like you to reply with a no thanks
Most just have bad manners and never reply.
I suppose the excuse would be , had no time but only takes seconds to type ...no thanks.

Posted 31 Dec 2015
tonyphoto
Photographer
tonyphoto
Hi All,

Personally I think its nice to get a reply, even if its a no thanks.

Choosing the right model is not as easy as it appears and i'm sure from the models point of view its similar.

T

Posted 3 Jan 2016
diipii
Photographer
diipii
Always reply to any email. Any model who purports to have a professional position in this business should find this essential. Too many treat it as a quick mail from a friend and just bin it. If you don't want to work on a project say so with thanks for the offer. That photographer might in the future have work you would die for. Although as a "professional" I can't imagine many jobs that would be so repulsive you would choose to avoid earning the cash. As a professional photographer and later in another profession I have never worked for anyone I liked or respected. I worked with people I liked and respected and that made up for it. The real professional attitude, work ethic and even just common curtesy is sadly missing these days though I am pleased to say not with the Purestorm members I have employed.

Posted 19 Jan 2016
windowman9
Photographer
windowman9
Great stuff , yes always nice to get a reply even if its no thank you , if all models did this it would start to build this site up again , all the best with your modeling ,Tony
Posted 7 April 2016
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join