New to pure storm and to modelling. Appreciate any advice/criticism an...

New to pure storm and to modelling. Appreciate any advice/criticism and help!

12 posts
2 Dec 2015
I'm fairly new to the modelling world. I have done a very small number of shoots, I would really appreciate some portfolio reviews and what sort of direction people think I should be going in?

Posted 3 Dec 2015
Edited by Chosin 3 Dec 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Great face, though I suspect there's some heavy processing showing in your port, you've a face that would be great to photograph. Id like a clearer idea of your figure since its actually not shown well here yet. Style of shots so far is pretty cheesey which is a shame as I think you could have potential to really dominate a big scene and make some excellent pictures. Early days of course right now. Looking forward to seeing you in something that really suits you - I suspect it'll be great.

Posted 3 Dec 2015
Alta_Igor
Photographer
Alta_Igor
I agree with profilepictures but would go further. From reading you profile I would say that you should be playing to your strengths. I have done some Suicide Girls shoots of heavily tattooed or alternative models. It is a good market for a model. Also if you are training heavily, some active or sports or fitness shots. Hope this helps
Posted 3 Dec 2015
mskeet
Photographer
mskeet
I think there's often a tendency when new to the scene to upload everything you have. I believe this is not always wise.

Only post the best images you have. To that end I would remove all the ones that are clearly taken in a house - they look amateur in style, lighting and composition and do nothing for you as a model showcase.

Be brutal in your culling and select only the very best.

As the other commenters have said, potentially a lot of avenues for you to go down, best of luck!

Posted 16 Dec 2015
i love the shots taken of you with the motorbike, and one where you are applying a dark lipstick, edited photos too, looks like you already done a pro shoot.... but i agree maybe to lose the photos taken in home surroundings, and get a mate or photographer to take a full length one of you standing against a plain coloured background maybe wearing tight jeans, heels and tight T shirt so no one can then complain they dont know what your body looks like, though guessing someones dress size is hardly rocket science and you have included a nice full length photo as well, the one where you wear a black top and the lovely boots. GOod luck with the modelling

Dont delete the fitness photos though, they look great!

Posted 17 Dec 2015
Edited by actiongirl 17 Dec 2015
phlip
Photographer
phlip
Whether "selfies" or so-called proper images, beware of background clutter in an image. The numpties will say that it does not matter but look at images with and without and make your own mind up.

Images taken from above a median height give the effect of shortening the legs - a look that I cannot imagine many models requiring.

Images taken from below can unfortunately accentuate nostrils.

Other than that, largely as above - best regards

Posted 17 Dec 2015
pearhere
Photographer
pearhere
The image showing one showing the side of the face (only) - this is excellent. The eyes are the focal point, the hair adds mystery, and the the lighting is great with beautiful facial tone. The image of you wearing black (its a couple spots to the right on my computer) - Again - excellent ! You have a very sophisticated look. The only problem here is that the arms are cropped too tight and look a bit too cut off. I think try not to crop through the limbs and leave a bit more space around them. Finally - the image that has a tall solid black frame at top and bottom. I like the left one (lower face shown). Gorgeous lips, beautiful facial tone. The fingers add a nice "contradiction. The hand has an overall feminine look nice and long and shapely fingers. The spead of the fingers and the way they are along the faced looks a bit "strong/aggressive". This is good as it adds contradiction to the image - a mix of feminine with a hint that the woman in the image is someone who is a very strong willed person with an aggressive personality. I can't remember the right shot which is part of the same image but right now but I think I liked it also. Based on the images I have commented on and many of the others - the photographer and the model are both excellent and will succeed in the world of modeling and model photography.

Posted 17 Dec 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Jeez, that went on a bit!

Posted 17 Dec 2015
pearhere
Photographer
pearhere
pearhere
The image showing one showing the side of the face (only) - this is excellent. The eyes are the focal point, the hair adds mystery, lighting is great. The image of you wearing black - Again - excellent ! You have a very sophisticated look. The only problem here is that the arms are cropped too tight and look a bit too cut off. Finally - the image that has a tall solid black frame at top and bottom. I like the left one (lower face shown). Gorgeous lips, beautiful facial tone. The spead of the fingers and the way they are along the face looks a bit "strong/aggressive". This is good as it adds contradiction to the image.
Posted 18 Dec 2015
pearhere
Photographer
pearhere
Yes it was. I tried to shorten it but all it did was add a grey hazed over extra copy

Posted 18 Dec 2015
pearhere
Photographer
pearhere
If there is some way to delete the original ok.

Posted 18 Dec 2015
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
I would remove all the images in the Sport section, they do nothing for you IMO. I don't think the shot in the Lingerie section flatters you either. The other photos are Mixed but I do especially like the shots in the bottom row of the Images section.

You do have a great look and are an attractive model - but many of your photos don't showcase your attractiveness as much as they should do.

Posted 18 Dec 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join