Review v.1

9 posts
30 Nov 2015
So, I'm not new to modelling - or at least, not entirely new. I've been doing it on both a TFP and paid basis since May this year, and thus do have something of a portfolio. I've posted a select number of my more recent images here, and thus would like to see what people think of them.

There are more update TFP shoots pending, as I plan on changing my hair colour and getting another piercing around early December.

Posted 30 Nov 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Hmmm - eyesofjobe and grime and glamour. Are those guys still alive and kicking?
Posted 1 Dec 2015
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotogr..
Not to be rude, but... I don't think any of the images are port-worthy, sorry.

Posted 1 Dec 2015
marlhamphoto
Hmmm - eyesofjobe and grime and glamour. Are those guys still alive and kicking?
There are indeed! Also, *waves from Madcow Models*
Posted 1 Dec 2015
Havocphotography
Not to be rude, but... I don't think any of the images are port-worthy, sorry.
To each their own (: I'm still adding more, and have more pending from other shoots.
Posted 1 Dec 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Hello and welcome.

I very much like the Andy Green picture, beautifully done both. Otherwise its quite a mix in terms of style but they're not bad pictures within your chosen genre and you've worked with some good photographers.

Keep it up, keep them coming and enjoy!

Posted 1 Dec 2015
w4pictures
Hello and welcome. I very much like the Andy Green picture, beautifully done both. Otherwise its quite a mix in terms of style but they're not bad pictures within your chosen genre and you've worked with some good photographers. Keep it up, keep them coming and enjoy!
Yes, Andy Green is my favourite at this point - I'm working with him again near to the end of January. I do have quite a few more but, only the last say, 8 shoots have had any post-processing or editing done on them, so mixing those in with the ones that have been processed would only detract.
Posted 1 Dec 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
More and more I find fetish stuff and mock horror themes, a bit tired and boring. Your port falls down for me in that respect. That very subjective point aside, its actually pretty tricky to get a sense of what you bring to a shoot in face and figure terms, so, not helpful maybe?

Posted 2 Dec 2015
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
Hi, I feel that all the images are great for a personal album, but of limited value in a portfolio.
I quite like some of the images, but none would encourage me to short list you if I were looking at your portfolio from a 'looking for a model' perspective.
I think we all get a feel from a portfolio and from yours, I get the feeling that you like rope bondage and hiding behind heavy make-up and props. You do not come across as very confident, although your posts in this thread suggest that you are.

The art nude image is not very flattering. The pose you are in suggests an untoned body. The awful coloured blob on the right of the image draws attention away from you. That the photographer gave you that image, suggests that he may not have produced anything better in that shoot.

Fetish section - this feels as if it is all about the rope.
the image of your back is not flattering, in that it hides your figure to an extent. The marks left by your bra do not help either and may be interpreted as a rushed shoot.
'Cuffed', when viewed full size, makes your hair look very uncontrolled and a bit messy. I suspect this may be down to slightly over processing. I can't quite make my mind up re your expression, but my first reaction was that you looked bored.

Lingerie - this again hides your figure and the pose is not good. At least from a selling you as a model perspective. The corsette is clearly too big and tends to swamp you.

Miscellaneous - both images do a very good job of hiding you. Ok for a photographers profile, but not, I feel, for a model portfolio.

Your main image is better, although again it falls into the 'hiding' category that the others have created.

Overall, your profile tells me very little about you as a model. In fact it tells me much more about the photographers you have worked with, to the extent that it is highly likely that had I not been reviewing it, I would have forgotten about you and gone to look at their work.

I think we all tend to forget, to a greater or lesser degree, that profiles are about selling ourselves, not about our favourite images.
My advice would be to look around at some other model portfolios and see the type of image they use. If you can approach that imagining that you are looking for a suitable model, you may find that it becomes easier to decide what images to include.

Posted 3 Dec 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join