Who uses lightroom/Photoshop CC ?

Who uses lightroom/Photoshop CC ?

7 posts
28 Oct 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Up to now I've been using Lightroom 5 standalone on my MacPro, but now as I am moving my Mac boot disk onto an SSD, thought about going for Lightroom/Photoshop CC on a monthly basis and downloading/installing afresh onto the SSD.

I know the recent update to LR/CC was a bit of a shambles - has that been sorted yet does anyone know or should I hold off a bit before going ahead?

Dave

Posted 28 Oct 2015
paule
Photographer
paule
I didn't like the thought of it initially.. however since the £9'ish pm charge for the two was introduced I've been using it and have no problems at all.. indeed think it's a fair price for a very decent couple of products.

Yes the recent update was not a stellar moment.. and some of the changes were a step backward.. though it's working fine for me.. I'm PC based.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
To me it is a no brainer at the current price, though like many I resisted the change for quite a while. For those not requiring the full force of Photoshop other programs are starting to move into the void left behind though.

OnOne version 10 is sounding promising for example and since adding their browser/sorting module with version 9 for many people I think it would do all they needed and more. Alien skin are also about to add a similar function, though the lack of proper masking does limit it a bit. Neither needs Photoshop or lightroom to operate.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
ChazPhotos
Photographer
ChazPhotos
The thing with SSD is that Photoshop only gains from having your scratch disk on one, having Photoshop on a SSD will not make it any faster.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
ChazPhotos
The thing with SSD is that Photoshop only gains from having your scratch disk on one, having Photoshop on a SSD will not make it any faster.
Yes, appreciate that. I'm currently running LR5 with catalogs on another SSD, so will put Photoshop scratch on there also.
Posted 28 Oct 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Been using both hard for a year with nothing untoward to say. Essential tools if you're moving lots of pictures.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Thanks for all replies, I've now downloaded both LR and PS CC and running them on 30 day trial - no issues as yet.

Dave

Posted 30 Oct 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join