recommendations for rechargeable batteries?

recommendations for rechargeable batteries?

21 posts
13 Oct 2015
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
Can I ask for your preferred supplier of AA rechargeables and which ones perform best ? Thanks

Posted 13 Oct 2015
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
Eneloop pro is what I use ,but buy the charger that charges individual batteries

Posted 13 Oct 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Same here, eneloop, the black pro ones are brilliant. You should invest in a charger/conditioner. Ideally the type which deal,with each battery individually. Not,too expensive on ebay.

Posted 13 Oct 2015
paule
Photographer
paule
Sanyo Eneloop XX for me too..

Posted 14 Oct 2015
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
Agreed, Sanyo Eneloops are the biz. I use the white ones which are superb, never let me down (6 sets of 4) after 5 years use.
Posted 14 Oct 2015
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
I have used Ansmann for years, and have 10 packs (4 per pack). Never had problems with them in many years.

Posted 14 Oct 2015
DiamondB
Photographer
DiamondB
LIDL's batteries work fine for me.

Posted 14 Oct 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Definitely Eneloops (now Panasonic I believe, having taken over Sanyo) - get them from Amazon. Black ones are very good.

Posted 14 Oct 2015
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
thanks everyone...looks like eneloops. Does anyone know if 7 day shops own brand are any good?

Posted 14 Oct 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
7 day shop are ok, but eneloops are better for holding charge. I made the change a whole back, essential gear now.

Posted 14 Oct 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Ansmann all the way

Posted 14 Oct 2015
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
Amazon do white rechargeables 1900mAH but the charger says ' charge current 1000 mAh ' is that right ?

Posted 16 Oct 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
The maximum charging current will determine how long a charger takes to charge a battery fully. The balance between charging current and applied voltage will vary for lead acid, NiCd and NiMH batteries during the charging cycle.

The usual rule applies with any battery - if you're going to stick it in an expensive item, its worth getting a good battery, i.e. one with a brand track record and preferably with a guarantee against leakage.

Posted 18 Oct 2015
Kizer
Photographer
Kizer
I had these from Amazon------ Eneloop 2450mah pro----No BK-3HCCE/4BE AA/mignon pack of four there not cheap just under a tenner per pack of 4.

I use MAHA charger model No---MH-C801D

It charges up to 8 cells conditions them and does fast 1hour or slow charge this is also not cheap

If you buy good cells you don't want a cheap charger that knackers them up in twelve months.

Shop around for best prices.

I kept away from eBay because of the cheap copies you can get.

best of luck

Posted 18 Oct 2015
Edited by Kizer 18 Oct 2015
dansmith
Photographer
dansmith
Another vote from me for the Eneloop Pro's. They're hands down the best batteries I've used. I've tried the Powerex 2700mah, and they're not bad...but no as good as the loops.
Another +1 for the Maha Charger, too.

Posted 23 Oct 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join