Hello and how is PS these days?

Hello and how is PS these days?

51 posts
14 Sep 2015
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
Hey all!

I was a member here a few years back when it was the centre for all things photo UK, but I just joined up again yesterday and wondered how busy it was around here these days? Going by posting dates, the forums are very quiet and a search of my local area shows not too many models logging in this month. Thought it might be best to ask before upgrading my account.

Cheers

Posted 14 Sep 2015
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Welcome back.
Yes it is very quiet here these days, nothing like a few years ago. It is a shame as those of us who are still here would love the owners to try and re-vamp it so there was more activity, but they don't seem too fussed to be honest. I still have paid membership as I want to support the site but I can see me downgrading shortly if something isn't done soon.

Posted 14 Sep 2015
Hello! Yes it is very quiet. I may downgrade myself soon as nothing is done to improve the site.

Posted 14 Sep 2015
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
JenSomerfield

as nothing is done to improve the site.

Ok, I bite. What should be improved ?

Posted 14 Sep 2015
PHP_Photography
Ok, I bite. What should be improved ?
I can't search my messages properly. The interface, banner, and look of the site is very dated. You get the idea
Posted 14 Sep 2015
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
JenSomerfield

I can't search my messages properly. The interface, banner, and look of the site is very dated. You get the idea

I personally like how the site looks, it's very clear and everything can found easily.

Message search has one problem, can't do a general search ( without a name ).

Posted 14 Sep 2015
para
Photographer
para
I have little or no interest in any foums,Im only here to contact and hopefully work with models.That's becoming rarer and rarer here, as quality models downgrade and go else where.Does'nt bode well for the future

Posted 15 Sep 2015
Edited by para 15 Sep 2015
mickmartin
Photographer
mickmartin
Quiet as the grave - everyone's gone elsewhere. I only stay on here out of a sense of nostalgia. It's a bit like Net Model was a a few years back. Does anyone know if it's still going?

Posted 15 Sep 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Weird.

Posted 15 Sep 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Havocphotography
Hey all! I was a member here a few years back when it was the centre for all things photo UK, but I just joined up again yesterday and wondered how busy it was around here these days? Going by posting dates, the forums are very quiet and a search of my local area shows not too many models logging in this month. Thought it might be best to ask before upgrading my account. Cheers
I don't seem to be able to post any comments currently...
Posted 15 Sep 2015
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
Oh thats one good outcome then
Posted 15 Sep 2015
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
I have a net model profile i started before coming to PS,rarely log on.....never any interest.....

Posted 15 Sep 2015
Edited by xtiggerx 15 Sep 2015
Funny you should say that, I logged into net model recently. The castings are horrendous.

Posted 15 Sep 2015
Tim
Model
Tim
Thank You for the feedback Pentti and Jen.

So the requirement for a username when searching mail is hindering your use of the search option? Is this what you meant when you said you couldn't search properly Jen or is there something else which we can work on to improve the search mail feature?

Posted 16 Sep 2015
johnlp
Photographer
johnlp
I'm actually no use to either site, as I'm a free member on both, but I am in the process of arranging a shoot on here, but that is rare occurrence.

I think PP may have a similar problem a couple of years down the road. The number of new models joining has slowed to a trickle and some models I've spoken to are finding it increasingly hard to find paid work. Perhaps there are fewer young photographers interested in this type of photography, and as us older ones hang up the camera and the young ones takes a trillion photographs on their smart phones, and use social websites to make contacts the need for these sites gets less and their days are numbered. I can't even get onto my MC account and no-one seems bothered to help. Less paid work, fewer models, less choice for the photographer, less money entering the system. If it wasn't for the influx of other EU models the whole thing might be on its knees already.

Two identical castings one year apart. In 2014 I had over 30 applicants, from two sites. This year I've had 10.
Posted 16 Sep 2015
Edited by johnlp 16 Sep 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join