I found some old images I made

I found some old images I made

10 posts
1 July 2015
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
My first nude shoot must have been more than 40 years ago ... Is that an achievemant or "meh, forget it?". So, I am an old guy. I still believe that all woman love to have a picture of themselves ... undressed. Unfortunately, in these modern times .... the woman are gone. Now THEY make SELFIES What do you think?
Posted 1 July 2015
Edited by atumeda 1 July 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Fourty years? I'd be interested to see some examples.

Posted 1 July 2015
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
One old picture is on my profile, some newer ones too. None of them changes the world. I have better ones in the box, but no right to publish online. Sorry
Yours are amazing. I love the one in the water, head of woman, never seen anything like that (if this was shot in the camera and not made up in photoshop).

Posted 2 July 2015
Edited by atumeda 2 July 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
It must have been nerve racking shooting on film (unless you'd a decent budget) due to cost and the slow feedback process. I guess storage for the multiple notes you'd have had to take to recall settings and what not would be the big issue rather than how big your hard drive was! It's good to see work from time passed, interesting as part of our shared history.

Thanks, its in camera taekn at flatford milll - there's an rspb reserve beside and the water is pretty balmy around August time.

Posted 3 July 2015
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
Thats actually true. I had this A4 school papers with 7 mm squares, tons of them, each slide recorded with all settings. I still have this notes somewhere, but I lost my 6000 slides to burglers and other evil people.

Took usually two weeks till a film with 36 slides was back. Cost was high, I could buy more than 10 l fuel for one developed film (quite like current slide films). It was really necessary to gain experience, than THINK and be sure it was worth it before you press the button ...

Your model must have been awesome committed. I was not sure if the image was photoshopped, because of no ripples on the water. That means she must have been some time in the water, no tiny move at all.

Posted 3 July 2015
scubie
Photographer
scubie
Yep It's good to look back some time, I used B&W and did my own dev and print . first one is of my wife in 1951 on honeymoon, natural light on an exacta verex with f2 biotar lens. second me and friend on my new Triumph in 1947!

this last one was in the galley of Sunderland Flying Boat     I was Flight Engineer at Calshot Spit. 1953
Posted 3 July 2015
Edited by scubie 3 July 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I often hear people make a fuss about Photoshop, it's funny.

Posted 4 July 2015
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
scubie
Yep It's good to look back some time, I used B&W and did my own dev and print . first one is of my wife in 1951 on honeymoon, natural light on an exacta verex with f2 biotar lens. second me and friend on my new Triumph in 1947! No bad feelings, but the bikers look like 20, and that was 1947, so born 1927, so 88 and still shooting? I feel small now. this last one was in the galley of Sunderland Flying Boat     I was Flight Engineer at Calshot Spit. 1953
Posted 8 July 2015
scubie
Photographer
scubie
"No bad feelings, but the bikers look like 20, and that was 1947, so born 1927, so 88 and still shooting? I feel small now"

No I was 16! could drive bike at that age then, got it on my birthday. now 84 and still shooting. well trying to, just sold the Scubie and bought new Mountuned Fiesta St and Leica Q.

Doug
Posted 9 July 2015
Edited by scubie 9 July 2015
atumeda
Photographer
atumeda
You are blessed man. Good to hear such stories.

Posted 18 July 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join