SLRHut

15 posts
27 June 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Some of their prices are as cheap as from overseas.
Has anyone bought anything from them?

http://slrhut.co.uk/about-index/

Posted 27 June 2015
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Assume Grey Import, and why is a D3s more than the D4S ?

Posted 27 June 2015
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Chandos

Some of their prices are as cheap as from overseas.

That's because they do ship from overseas, typically USA (NY)

They were slated quite badly several years ago, but seem to get good reviews at present.

Posted 27 June 2015
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
Bought a D810 and saved £500! Ordered Monday and delivered Thursday,payed through PayPal with no problems.

Posted 1 July 2015
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
HDEW seem cheaper and offer a third party three year warranty.

If that helps.

Posted 19 July 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
I was looking at SLRHut today. But I found a couple of other sites with even lower prices. Hundreds of pounds less than WEX. I am so tempted. Same on ebay. I bought a few months ago, an LX100 to take out and about, to have in my pocket. Cost me just under 600, I felt a bit sick when I looked on ebay and they are about 150 cheaper.

I would like to know if any more people have bought from these lower priced sellers.
Posted 27 Oct 2015
Edited by CCP 27 Oct 2015
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
A friend of mine bought a load of Canon gear from Panamoz, saved a lot and everything went smoothly.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
thelook
Photographer
thelook
I purchased a Nikon D810 from http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/

Smooth transaction and fast delivery not forgetting their 3 year warranty.

No problems registering it with Nikon.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
Edited by thelook 28 Oct 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
thelook

I purchased a Nikon D810 from http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/ Smooth transaction and fast delivery not forgetting their 3 year warranty. No problems registering it with Nikon.

Most of the freelance pros I've met use HDEW and recommended them.
Posted 28 Oct 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
marlhamphoto

Most of the freelance pros I've met use HDEW and recommended them.

I just went there to look, they seem more expensive than WEX. I was looking at the gh4 body, £999 at wex and jessops, £150 more at hdew. I was looking at slrhut again, they sell everything. I can't see how it could all be grey imports. They have such a massive selection. 
Posted 28 Oct 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
magpie1

A friend of mine bought a load of Canon gear from Panamoz, saved a lot and everything went smoothly.

They're gh4 body is £20 more than wex and jessops.  laugh But thanks.
Posted 28 Oct 2015
Bought several items from SLR hut with no problems. The genuine article with fast delivery.

Posted 28 Oct 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
GlasgowPhotographer

Bought several items from SLR hut with no problems. The genuine article with fast delivery.

Thanks for that. I think I will order this week from them. They have a lens I want as well for £500, £700 at wex for the very same thing. Cheers!  

Posted 28 Oct 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Just to let you all know. I got my stuff through from SLRHut today, and all is good. I have been going through everything, camera settings etc, everything seems good. Just need to use the camera for a shoot now for a real test. Very pleased so far, I saved quite a few quid.
Posted 9 Nov 2015
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated and good to hear all arrived with no problems.
Posted 9 Nov 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join