CloverP
Model
CloverP
Title says it all really x
Posted 15 June 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
You have some good pictures in your port, your notes are straightforward, everything looks as it should.

Keep working on a variety of expressions - there's a great smile in there - and it would benefit you to sort out your no show especially as your notes say you are reliable.

Lovely face and great skin - I imagine you'll be very popular.

Posted 16 June 2015
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Well the port looks fine as do you. The only shot I don't like is the one with the books but overall looking good.

Posted 16 June 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Promising,but somehaevy handed processing on your face is a bit off putting. The books shot is my favourite.

Go find Silverlight on here, a Bournemouth photographer who'll deliver superb results if you can persuade him to TF with you - seriously consider paying him if not, he'll get you shots which will bring you paid work quicker than 99% of those you'll meet here.

Posted 16 June 2015
CloverP
Model
CloverP
Thanks for your varied opinions guys. Its interesting to see how different people think x
Posted 16 June 2015
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster

The book shot and the one to the left of it are the ones that catch my eye and the ones that aren't so good is really down to the photography, direction and/or processing.

Its a shame about your latest reference, that's really the only thing about your portfolio that's a negative

Posted 16 June 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Looks promising.

I'd like to see more variety of poses and facial expressions though.

Posted 17 June 2015
Cody
Model
Cody
Nice selection of images. I don't think the first lying down one is flattering though

The no show in references is a bit off putting
Posted 17 June 2015
Edited by Cody 17 June 2015
ColinPierce
Photographer
ColinPierce
Have to agree with the heavy processing comment. The most appealing images are the more natural ones. I don't see the point of the books, there is absolutely no context for them other than to cover breasts. If it was to give the impression that you were reading a book, there would be only one and possibly that may have worked better. However, your levels say nude and topless so I find myself asking again, why the books?
Negative feedback is never good, especially when just starting out. You will need to do a lot of shoots to get rid of this. Most people do not read further than the first page and never check "more references", so all hope is not left.
To leave on a positive. You have the potential to be an exceptional model, continue to build on what you have and you will be a success.

Posted 17 June 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Not bothered by a single no show personally - I understand there can be circumstances when it's virtually unavoidable depending on how comms progress with the photographer. Of more concern to me would be this statement: "Although paid work obviously takes priority I do still undertake the occasional TF shoot" It just tells anybody of any worth who might be interested in TFing with you that you don't consider their time to be valuable. Good luck
Posted 17 June 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
marlhamphoto
"Although paid work obviously takes priority I do still undertake the occasional TF shoot" It just tells anybody of any worth who might be interested in TFing with you that you don't consider their time to be valuable.
Not really. I read that as "I have bills to pay just like anyone else, so paid work to help me pay them takes priority. However if your work is amazing then TFP is a possibly." Or are you suggesting someone should ignore making money to pay their bills and spend their whole time doing TFP because some photographers choose not to pay their models?
Posted 17 June 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
HowardJ

Not really. I read that as "I have bills to pay just like anyone else, so paid work to help me pay them takes priority. However if your work is amazing then TFP is a possibly."

Think of it this way.

A decent photographer with the capability to lift her port (and help pay those bills!) gets an opportunity to fit another shoot into his busy schedule. He likes what he sees but doesn't want the potential hassle of dealing with someone who might pull out because she gets an offer of paid work. He won't even give her a second thought before moving on to the next model.

Sometimes a statement in a model's profile which is undoubtedly there in an attempt to encourage photographers to offer paid work rather than TF can have a detrimental effect when it comes to shoots which stand a better chance of improving her port and capabilities.

Seems quite elementary and clear to me anyway.
Posted 17 June 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
marlhamphoto
Seems quite elementary and clear to me anyway.
If you say so... It's about collaborating and that starts by agreeing a mutually convenient date and time for the shoot. You seem to be suggesting that the photographer should dictate the date and time based on their availability. If I was a model that view would immediately put me off working with the photographer as it doesn't bode well for what would happen on the shoot. I'd feel the photographer would be demanding on the shoot too and that's not collaboration. That's called being an arse.
Posted 18 June 2015
Edited by HowardJ 18 June 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
HowardJ

If you say so... It's about collaborating and that starts by agreeing a mutually convenient date and time for the shoot. You seem to be suggesting that the photographer should dictate the date and time based on their availability. If I was a model that view would immediately put me off working with the photographer as it doesn't bode well for what would happen on the shoot. I'd feel the photographer would be demanding on the shoot too and that's not collaboration. That's called being an arse.

No Howard - it's you that's being an arse.

Just because some photographers have the ability to provide models with something that's of far more value than the cash you believe they should be paying them does not make them an arse. You need to get over it and stop playing that cracked old record
Posted 18 June 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
marlhamphoto
No Howard - it's you that's being an arse. Just because some photographers have the ability to provide models with something that's of far more value than the cash you believe they should be paying them does not make them an arse. You need to get over it and stop playing that cracked old record
OMG that's funny. Unfortunately last time I checked TFP shots weren't accepted as payment at the supermarkets or to pay your utility bills. I guess things must have changed. People need to be doing what's right for them. If their rent is due and they're short of cash to pay it then clearly paid work is going to be their priority. If they've got plenty of cash and no financial worries and an amazing photographer offers them a TFP shoot then TFP may take priority over paid work. It's a matter of what's right for them at a point in time. Let people decide what's right for them instead of making dumb statements about what their priorities should be. BTW you come across as quite aggressive in your posts which, if I was a model, would put me off working with you. You might want to bear that in mind.
Posted 18 June 2015
Edited by HowardJ 18 June 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join