Help Nikon users

13 posts
15 June 2015
gaza
Photographer
gaza
My friend has asked for advice on getting a Nikon camera with lens any advice on where to start and has a budget of £700.00, thank you.

Posted 15 June 2015
beaverray
Photographer
beaverray
They could get a D7000 now with an 18-105 kit lens for around £550 online now, an excellent camera.

Posted 15 June 2015
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPow..
Look at MPB for a second hand D7100 and a 24-85mm lens total £730

Posted 15 June 2015
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
beaverray

They could get a D7000 now with an 18-105 kit lens for around £550 online now, an excellent camera.

Excellent choice and enough left over for 50mm 1.8G Prime lense

Posted 16 June 2015
paule
Photographer
paule
£649 - D700 - 34303 actuations...

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/used-equipment/used-digital-slr-cameras/nikon-d700/

£69 - 50mm f/1.8D

http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/used-equipment/used-lenses/nikon-af-50mm-f18d/

a little over.. but what I'd go for.

Posted 16 June 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Depends what he wants to use it for.

Semi-pro aspirant (weddings etc.) splash most on a fast short zoom and an older semi-pro body.
Studio only, reasonable body and start with a kit lens as he can stop down.
Models, not a bad idea to start with full frame and a prime lens.
Sport, may have to up the budget a bit but a crop sensor will maximise lens length.
Macro, well that's self explanatory.
Landscape, couple of wide primes, tripod and filters.

I generally reckon that, within reason, older but excellent kit is a better buy than current but just about OK, especially where lenses are concerned.

Posted 16 June 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Oops! A bit of premature postage.

Possibly the most important consideration is what he wants to do with the results. If he's keen to print to A3 size, wedding albums and posters, then he should follow the route of quality production from camera to print. If his pictures will only end up on the internet, 6 by 4 prints, faceberk etc., he can afford to ease off the kit budget a bit.

Posted 16 June 2015
dannyrich
Photographer
dannyrich
D700 and a 50mm f/1.8 I would say.

Plenty around and a superb bit of kit especially in low light.

Posted 23 June 2015
Bob
Photographer
Bob
gaza

Help Nikon users

When I saw this thread header I presumed, wrongly it turns out, that it might be a request for charitable Canon users to donate any unwanted cameras and lenses to those poor souls afflicted with Nikonitis.
smiley: Roll - keystrokes: :rollin

Posted 23 June 2015
EmmWoodPhotography
Photographer
EmmWoodPhoto..
Bob
When I saw this thread header I presumed, wrongly it turns out, that it might be a request for charitable Canon users to donate any unwanted cameras and lenses to those poor souls afflicted with Nikonitis.
I was one of those poor souls.. Until I was converted and stepped into the light that is Canon Haha
Posted 26 June 2015
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecoo..
EmmWoodPhotography

I was one of those poor souls.. Until I was converted and stepped into the light that is Canon

Haha Someone took advantage of you being a girl and all that, and foisted you off with a second rate camera SYSTEM, probably an idiot who bought Canon and hates to admit they're wrong, my bet is on that charlatan Tristian.......
Posted 28 June 2015
Edited by Love 28 June 2015
Rawandthecooked
Photographer
Rawandthecoo..
Bob

Oh man, Nikon, higher flash synch speeds, better speed lights, I can use any nikon lens released in forty years, and I can even use a dx lens on a full frame camera! try that with a damn canon!
Posted 28 June 2015
Edited by Love 28 June 2015
MLP
Photographer
MLP

Cannon - a big noisy thing?

Posted 29 June 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join