Colour profiles not showing in PS Elements 12 and need a simple way to...

Colour profiles not showing in PS Elements 12 and need a simple way to lighten images in bulk.

5 posts
5 June 2015
wonderer
Photographer
wonderer
This is driving me mad and google does not seem to have an answer either. 

Firstly I have downloaded two colour profiles from DSCL for printinting purposes, installed them on my computer (they are showing in \Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color) but when I try to change colour profile in Photoshop Elements 12 they do not show as an option. In the drop down menu I only have:

Remove profile
Convert to sRGB profile
Convert to Adobe RGB profile

Please can someone with a larger brain than mine tell me what I am missing. I have reinstalled Elements.

Secondly can someone recommend a simple, quick way to lighten images in bulk? 

Thanking you

Posted 5 June 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Nothing. Its Adobe Elements not Photoshop. You don't get all the bangs and whistles. Selecting and converting to a full range of colour profiles is one of the toys they don't give you. Guess what Batch editing options you don't get too Not sure if any of the popular free products like Faststone have the functionality you need
Posted 5 June 2015
wonderer
Photographer
wonderer
redbaron

Nothing. Its Adobe Elements not Photoshop. You don't get all the bangs and whistles. Selecting and converting to a full range of colour profiles is one of the toys they don't give you. Guess what Batch editing options you don't get too Not sure if any of the popular free products like Faststone have the functionality you need

Ahhhhh really? I was told it was possible in Elements, thats why I been busting a nut trying to get it working. GRRR

Well I'm not getting the full shop just for this so hopefully there are other options. Does Lightroom have these funtions?
Posted 5 June 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Yes. You can convert to any color space you choose on export. You can also auto sync or manual sync any setting you wish between images. If thats not enough there is a match total exposures option too.

Posted 5 June 2015
wonderer
Photographer
wonderer
redbaron

Yes. You can convert to any color space you choose on export. You can also auto sync or manual sync any setting you wish between images. If thats not enough there is a match total exposures option too.

Thanks. I have always ummed and ahhed over lightroom. I photograph a lot of kids and often swap a few heads around if one is not looking at the camera so Elements suits me better for that I think. I cant afford full shop and dont want to have to keep changing between LR an d Elements but if that is the only way I can change colour profiles I may have to edit in elements and use LR to change the colour profile 
Posted 5 June 2015
Edited by wonderer 5 June 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join