My heart is in it

My heart is in it

9 posts
27 May 2015
zanussi
Photographer
zanussi
Back after a long absence! Hopefully for some time. A word of caution: I virtually gave up my hobby when increasing numbness in my hands made it impossible to handle my gear properly. I would drop lenses, fumble to fit flashes, take ages to adjust controls and have humilating lapses of memory leaving me doing goldfish impressions in a shoot. My doctor dismissed the symptoms as "inevitable" and suggested a hobby that did not require prolonged periods of holding up an instrument, gardening for instance!

Turns out they were classic symptoms of heart failure, found out the very hard way!

The doctor? Banned for a year.

Posted 27 May 2015
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
Crikey, I'm glad they recognised your illness eventually but sorry it had been dismissed for so long. I hope you make a good recovery.

Posted 27 May 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
skymouse

Crikey, I'm glad they recognised your illness eventually but sorry it had been dismissed for so long. I hope you make a good recovery.

+1
Posted 27 May 2015
welcome back zanussi
Posted 1 June 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Can I ask, what great age had you reached when this doctor told you to resign yourself to fumbling ineptitude?

Posted 1 June 2015
zanussi
Photographer
zanussi
cziiki

Can I ask, what great age had you reached when this doctor told you to resign yourself to fumbling ineptitude?

Posted 2 June 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
zanussi

Posted 2 June 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Good Lord I must be a drooling mess at 62

Posted 2 June 2015
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Welcome back Zanussi! I hope you a well recovered and keen to shoot. Best wishes
Posted 4 June 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join