Songs that give you a migraine!

Songs that give you a migraine!

21 posts
10 May 2015
dhuntuk
Photographer
dhuntuk
I am on the computer in the conservatory, with the windows open, and the lovely neighbours decide to play this song so that I could hear it from 30' away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ND3oghPL5M They played that one song and now it has gone all quiet again. What will they play next?
Posted 10 May 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
Absolutely anything by Kate Bush!!!
Posted 10 May 2015
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
"I know a song that will get on yer nerves,
get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.
I know a song that will get on yer nerves,
get, get, get on yer nerves."

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

get one yer nerves,
get on yer nerves.

Ho hum.

Posted 10 May 2015
CCP
Photographer
CCP
You should just expose them to something they might not have heard before. Like Polymorthia, or Threnody by Krzysztof Penderecki. Open their minds.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwaEOyOw9tk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilGthRhwP8
Posted 10 May 2015
Edited by CCP 10 May 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
JeromeRazoir
"I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves." "I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get one yer nerves, get on yer nerves. I know a song that will get on yer nerves, get, get, get on yer nerves."
Ok, so which song?
Posted 10 May 2015
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
PaulManuell

Ok, so which song?

The Messiah by Handel?
Posted 11 May 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
Susanne Vega - Toms Diner
The Housemartins - Happy Hour

Three off the top of my head, the don't give me headache's as such (the first does a bit) but do send me into a psychotic rage, can't bloody stand them.
Posted 12 May 2015
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
There's is only one that induces instant nausea...."500 miles" from the spectacled pair of twats!!

Posted 12 May 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Anything with Yoko Ono performing in it is pretty horrific, there's footage on youtube of her performances.

Posted 12 May 2015
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
RedChecker
Anything with Yoko Ono performing in it is pretty horrific, there's footage on youtube of her performances.
I've not seen that performance for about 20 years and I've still got it ringing in my ears. Although, her antics when John played with Chuck Berry are worth a chuckle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4
Posted 12 May 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
At the moment fo no obvious reason I can't get that song 'your in the army now' out of my head. Took a while to realise it was one of the songs sung at the VE day rememberance party on BBC. Don't suffer migrains but think it would give me one if I did!

Posted 13 May 2015
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
redbaron

At the moment fo no obvious reason I can't get that song 'your in the army now' out of my head. .......................

Got any 'Quo Guv?
Go on, play us some 'Quo. LOL.

Mike.
Posted 13 May 2015
paulford
Photographer
paulford
RedChecker
Here's one of her in more recent years, bloody awful
Sorry to any fans but the wrong one was shot. RIP John
Posted 13 May 2015
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
I've been in restaurants and had to ask the proprietor to "please turn that awful radio station off because I'm actually trying to eat."

I like quite a mix of genres and I enjoy discovering styles outside my usual mix. But a lot of the heavily compressed, undynamic, autotuned, bollox-lacking stuff that is heard today causes me a kind of emotional pain. If I'm somewhere where it's playing and there is no escape, I try to blot it out by focussing on traffic noise and the like.

I concede this doesn't mean the artists lack talent. Adele is a good singer with a better than decent voice, but her records make me want to chew my own eyes out because it is utterly devoid of emotion - not her words or her musical conception, but the sheer sameness of expression that spans every single phrase in every single verse of every single song that does not reflect the emotional meaning. In a funny way, I find this more grievous that the autotuned crap because a talented performer who might paint an infinitely varying panorama is reduced to printing off wallpaper.

Posted 13 May 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join