Not very familiar with this.

Not very familiar with this.

8 posts
23 April 2015
Hey guys I'm not very familiar with purestorm
But if you beautiful people could take a look at my portfolio and give constructive criticism.
I do have more work on other sites.

Thank you Charlotte x

Posted 23 April 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
These are a complete waste of space in your port IMO - they tell me nothing about your modelling skills or even what you look like:

This one looks awkward and amateur yet you describe yourself as professional and very experienced:

Your legs in particular look unflattering in this:

I'm not sure about the wisdom of including an image of you wearing a mask in your port - how does that add anything?

In short a poor choice of images for a model's portolio IMO and none of them are consistent with the quality I'd expect of an experienced professional model.

Your notes read reasonably well although I find the inclusion of a list of publications and jobs irritating particularly as none of them carry any real gravitas. Also the narrative list of levels as the options provided by Purestorm are more than adequate for me to determine your suitability for a shoot when combined with a properly considered range of images in your portfolio. Although I accept you should include additional information about the adult work you're prepared to do particularly as you aren't interested in published work in that style.

I appreciate that will all sound overly critical and perhaps discouraging. But it's my opinion based on what I see - feel free to use as little or as much of it as you deem relevant.

Good luck though
Posted 24 April 2015
Edited by marlhamphoto 23 April 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
If 'model' is a person who has pictures taken whilst putting their hand on their head or face - and 'alternative' means you have tatoo's, then you'd be an 'alternative model'.

There are literally dozens of alternative models out there, hundreds perhaps, so without a particularly good portfolio you'll find photogrpahers choose an alternative.

I doubt your vagina is tattooed that'd be like having your tonsils tattooed, and not great for modeling in ant case.

You'll probably be really popular here,

Posted 24 April 2015
kimphot
Photographer
kimphot
My old art teacher always insisted there is no such thing as bad art, just that some you may not be able to appreciate. There are some images in your port that I cannot appreciate. Having said that, it's always difficult to assess a model's port because we don't know why you are posed in a particular way. Hopefully the photographer is "in charge" and you do as asked. Therefore all that is left to discuss is your face, your body, your proportions, facial expressions ........nothing wrong there in my book...........except, and this is a personal "thing", I do not understand tattoos. Why do beautiful women "deface" their bodies ......permanently? Do they buy a dress and wear it for the rest of their lives? No. I do however defend their right to have tattoos, I just don't get it!! With that in mind, if I'm commissioned for, say a fashion shoot for a client, models with tattoos don't even get on a long list, let alone a short list, unless the client requires it.

When I do a tf shoot I direct the model for most of the shoot. When she (it's usually a she!)has "warmed up" I ask her to go "freestyle", posing as she wishes, doing what takes her fancy, then I find out if she can "make it".

Posted 30 April 2015
kimphot

except, and this is a personal "thing", I do not understand tattoos. Why do beautiful women "deface" their bodies ......permanently? Do they buy a dress and wear it for the rest of their lives? No. I do however defend their right to have tattoos, I just don't get it!! With that in mind, if I'm commissioned for, say a fashion shoot for a client, models with tattoos don't even get on a long list, let alone a short list, unless the client requires it..

If its a "personal thing" then why bother mentioning it.

There are lots of models who don't have tats (myself included).

Why do beautiful women "deface" their bodies - I can answer this - from a common sense perspective they do it because they want to - it doesn't detract from their beauty and in some cases it can add to their beauty. Thats fine that you don't like it but please don't "preach" the model already has tattoos and appears to like having them so I doubt she will come back onto this thread and say "You know what random amatuer photographer, your right.. I'm going to have them all removed".

How about you "defend" their rights by shutting up and stop being so judging of them?

For each person who rules her out based on her tattoos others will shoot her specifically for them.

*End Rant* 
Posted 30 April 2015
kimphot
Photographer
kimphot
Oh Chrissie!
I cannot see any preaching in my contribution. If I was preaching I would be standing on my soap-box, smoke coming from my ears,extolling the horror of tattoos and telling you that you would all be consumed by hell-fire and so on and so on!

As a professional photographer, albeit random, heavily tattooed models are not usually asked for by my clients. Of course the girl likes them, that goes without saying and long may she enjoy them, but if you recall my opening sentence "My old art teacher always insisted there is no such thing as bad art, just that some you may not be able to appreciate." I don't/can't appreciate tattoos, I'm sorry, I just can't. I cannot see anything judgmental, I didn't say it was bad, I didn't say it was good, I thought I had just asked a question! No need for rants but there you go, that's forums for you. Long live forums.frown

Oh, one final thing Chrissie: Your final sentence, "For each person etc" you're absolutely right.
Posted 30 April 2015
Edited by kimphot 30 April 2015
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Your portfolio certainly doesn't reflect the experience you say you have. I know there is nothing like a bit of self promotion but you do then need to back it up with pictures to prove it. Frankly it insults the intelligence of "real photographers" unless you are looking to work with GWC's.

I don't doubt you may have worked for some of the people you mention and they probably don't supply you with pics so you need to work TF with a few top glamour togs on here to get a portfolio more representative of your talent? (Don't bother checking my port..I have closed my paid account on here!!)

Posted 30 April 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
kimphot

I do not understand tattoos. Why do beautiful women "deface" their bodies ......permanently?

Borderline offensive if you ask me. The fact you've put a question mark on the end makes no difference.
IMO
Posted 30 April 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join