Everyone is an "Analyst" these days

Everyone is an "Analyst" these days

6 posts
21 March 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Years ago, particularly in areas of IT, to be an "analyst" in a job is looked upon as particularly senior in the field usually with a degree background and years of experience in a highly intensive environment. Even when getting a motor insurance if you are involved in IT you might get lower premium if you call yourself an "analyst". Recently the job title of an "analyst" has been extensively used by a lot of people such as office clerks and junior grade technicians. In job adverts for an "analyst" it is no longer automatically reflect highly experience with big salary attached, so is the term of "analyst" being overused and dumbed down? BTW I have use "analyst" instead of "engineer" in my motor insurance application and my premium remains the same
Posted 21 March 2015
Edited by Chandos 21 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Aren't cleaners now called 'environmental technicians' or something? (I think it's all to do with simply calling them a cleaner is said to be degrading)
Posted 21 March 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Housewife =Domestic Engineer What I don't get is some of these "analyst" don't actually do any analysing but still rely on being supervised and passing the buck.
Posted 21 March 2015
Edited by Chandos 21 March 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Join the club. Everyone is an architect too these days.

Posted 21 March 2015
Everyone is a photographer & model.

Posted 22 March 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Chrissie_Red
Everyone is a photographer & model.
I'm a model....employee
Posted 22 March 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join