Deals at The Photography Show 2015

Deals at The Photography Show 2015

54 posts
19 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
The Flash Centre as usual have posted their flyer on what offers they've got on.

Anyone heard of any others?  post them below...
Posted 19 March 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
OnOne usually have their best price for their software in the UK at this show.
Seem to recall the last 'leaked' release date for Lightroom 6 is the 20th March which would tie in with the show.
Clickprops normally have something going on their Vinyl backgrounds too

Posted 19 March 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Haven't seen anything official but at past shows, Bowens have done 20% off anything bought at the show - could be bad news for the wallet if they do it this year!

Posted 19 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Gitzo/Manfrotto had ~20-25% off last year (bought from the Speedgraphic stall at the time), so they may have something similar again.

Posted 19 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
eosfan

Haven't seen anything official but at past shows, Bowens have done 20% off anything bought at the show - could be bad news for the wallet if they do it this year!

As a friend of mine said last year... don't they ply you with alcohol at the show as well? surprise
Posted 19 March 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RedChecker
The Flash Centre as usual have posted their flyer on what offers they've got on. Anyone heard of any others?  post them below...
And obviously these deals are available during the show period even if you don't go.
Posted 19 March 2015
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
The best deals are never published....

Been at the show setting up for a couple of days, and there's a good atmosphere in the new hall - wider aisles, more space.. will be interesting to see how it pans out...

Still no cheaper to exhibit or attend.... for exhibitors its over £200 per sq m for bare floor space without electricity, stand or staff- which makes a relatively small 15sqm stand cost something over £7-8k in total, ,maybe more if using stand contractors

For enthusiasts and pay on the door think its £18 before parking etc... see on the restaurant door Sandwich, crisps and water is £7.75 - that sounds like a good offer to me..... not!!!!
Posted 21 March 2015
Edited by Bayrunner 20 March 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
And comicon is on at the same time, so a perfect combination at the NEC. Comic and camera geeks at the same place at the same time. Awesome.

Posted 21 March 2015
davidb
Photographer
davidb
I'll be looking for online deals during the show as I refuse to pay £10 to park my car. I don't mind driving the 132 miles each way to the show but I'd rather stay at home than pay that to park. Online show deals where are you?

Posted 21 March 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
davidb
I'll be looking for online deals during the show as I refuse to pay £10 to park my car. I don't mind driving the 132 miles each way to the show but I'd rather stay at home than pay that to park. Online show deals where are you?
www.theflashcentre.com
Posted 21 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
There's been quite a few good deals today, surprisingly Calumet had some pretty good offers on camera gear, even on the latest stuff like Canon's new 100-400mm L (the mk2) which I foolishly bought on a whim (it was £300 off afterall).

AJ's had some decent enough deals on Profoto light modifiers (if it weren't for buying that lens I'd have had one or two of those).

NEC were doing deals on their monitors, even their flagship 30" 4K model with around £7-800 off iirc (still expensive though but if you were in the market for one...). I think there were deals on some of the lesser Eizo monitors on their stand also.

Manfrotto were doing deals, not massive ones but if you were after something specific then worth a punt.

Ianiro had offers on some of their stuff also.

There was probably a lot more but I only looked at specific things this year (and pretty much gave up looking once I'd seen that lens I bought which was the second stand I looked at, LOL!)
Posted 21 March 2015
Edited by RedChecker 21 March 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RedChecker
There's been quite a few good deals today, surprisingly Calumet had some pretty good offers on camera gear, even on the latest stuff like Canon's new 100-400mm L (the mk2) which I foolishly bought on a whim (it was £300 off afterall).
Oh dear! Facepalm
Posted 21 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
HowardJ

Oh dear! Facepalm

To be honest the old one had been on my wish list for donkey's years but I never liked the push/pull mechanism, and having tried out the new one on Canon's stall (the first stall you come to at the entrance) and then seeing the discount at Calumet (the second stall I saw), it was a bit of a no brainer.  It's a heavy bugger though, noticeably more so than my 70-200 f2.8 L IS, especially when put on my 1Ds as it's all simply a bit too much, not so bad on the 6D though.

Anyway.... in case anyone needs filters (either UV or Cir-PL), I've noticed Amazon (not their resellers but Amazon themselves so I trust they're genuine) have silly deals on Hoya filters, both their Pro-1 and HD varieties in case anyone's interested.
Posted 21 March 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Well you are going to need newer L lenses to make as much use of the new 50MP 5Ds
Posted 21 March 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Thats the worst possible news Calumet having good deals on lenses! I can only hope Bowens don't also have good deals, and if anyone is doing a few hundred pounds off a pre-order of Canon 5DS-R then I'm really in trouble!

Will be there on Monday.

Posted 21 March 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join