Gmail accts. disabled.

Gmail accts. disabled.

18 posts
19 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
I have (or should that be had?) 2 gmail accts., one which I use(d) purely for Purestorm, the other for everything else. Well today I've gone to log into them, only to receive a message on each one that they've been disabled. No reason is given, and using the link to contact them about it is a waste of time as they want you to give an email address they can contact you on about your enquiry. A bit difficult when they've actually disabled both my accts., meaning I wouldn't be able to see any replies they send me anyway. Frustrating as ****! There's no contact no. (that I can see anyway) to speak to a human being about this, so is anyone able to advise me on this, please?

Posted 19 Feb 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
I don't see the problem?

Create an email address and get them to contact you.

Use mail.com, Yahoo, whatever if you don't want to make another gmail.

Posted 19 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
cziiki

I don't see the problem?
Create an email address and get them to contact you.
Use mail.com, Yahoo, whatever if you don't want to make another gmail.

The problem is I'm not very internet savvy; I only have basic Nokia, no computer or anything, and from memory I even had to have someone set my actts. up for me in the first place. This afternoon I've tried to set up another gmail acct. on this phone, but when I get to certain stages it wipes out everything I've entered prior to getting to that stage. Had 5 attempts then gave up in frustration. Hadn't thought of going down the Yahoo route, but assuming I give it a go and successfully manage to set up an acct., what's the email address of whoever I need to send my gmail enquiry to?
Posted 19 Feb 2015
Edited by Love 19 Feb 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
Ok someone else can create an Email address fir you, tell you the password, then you can use that. It's probably a security issue, I.e. Your emails have been used for spam. I can do it but doing a shoot right now!

Posted 19 Feb 2015
PaulManuell

The problem is I'm not very internet savvy; I only have basic Nokia, no computer or anything, and from memory I even had to have someone set my actts. up for me in the first place. This afternoon I've tried to set up another gmail acct. on this phone, but when I get to certain stages it wipes out everything I've entered prior to getting to that stage. Had 5 attempts then gave up in frustration. Hadn't thought of going down the Yahoo route, but assuming I give it a go and successfully manage to set up an acct., what's the email address of whoever I need to send my gmail enquiry to?

Maybe try the link you mentioned in your opening post

PaulManuell
..................and using the link to contact them about it is a waste of time as they want you to give an email address they can contact you on about your enquiry..........

I'm sure you have your own reasons for only being able to access the internet via a phone but from the amount of times you mention it it does seem to be making life difficult for you
Posted 19 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
clearview_photography
Maybe try the link you mentioned in your opening post
But surely that link would only be there if I tried to set up another gmail acct. (which I've already explained why I can't), not if I set up a Yahoo one? If I set up a Yahoo acct., then surely to email someone at gmail I'd need an address for them? Please believe me, I really am thick as sh1t with this sort of thing.
Posted 20 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
clearview_photography
I'm sure you have your own reasons for only being able to access the internet via a phone
Yes, I really am a technophobe, I just wouldn't be able to cope with a computer. A friend recently gave me a Blackberry phone as she no longer needed it, but after trying it for a couple of days I gave it back to her cos I was totally out of my depth with it. Confused the **** out of me. Would love to go digital and be totally computer literate, but lack the confidence, ability and patience to learn it all I'm afraid.
Posted 20 Feb 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
If you can cope with a camera and lights, and a TV, and purestorm, you can cope with a computer. You just need training. Like everyone else. An Apple would be easier.

Anyway right now you need top stop thinking and assuming about Google, yourself and computers.

You definitely need to get someone physically close to you, with a computer, to get it sorted. Check out a local college for someone who runs evening classes? Local ads for computer training and assistance?

As even perfectly techie people find Google's processes obscure, I'd say that I'd your best way forward - rather than a forum.

Posted 20 Feb 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
This is why I pay £10 a year for my email account. There's no obligation for a company providing a free service to do so indefinitely.

Posted 20 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
OH FFS! I finally just managed to create a new gmail acct. from my phone after 2 days of frustrated trying, only for it to be disabled as soon as I tried to sign in immediately after creating it. WHY??? This is doing my ****ing head in. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!
Posted 21 Feb 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
Invent an address such as Paulman64xyz@mailinator.com. Make it really unique. Use this to receive emails Go to mailinator.com and enter that address and anything sent to it will be there. The address is not private - anyone can log into it and the stuff self destructs after a few hours! See http://mailinator.com/faq.html
Posted 21 Feb 2015
PaulManuell

OH FFS! I finally just managed to create a new gmail acct. from my phone after 2 days of frustrated trying, only for it to be disabled as soon as I tried to sign in immediately after creating it. WHY??? This is doing my ****ing head in. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Why the obsession with gmail, there must be other providers, you do seem to make life difficult for yourself
Posted 21 Feb 2015
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/43692

Yes the point is to NOT get another gmail account. Google free email accounts. Then use that to provide a contract to Google so that van tell you what's wrong

Posted 21 Feb 2015
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
clearview_photography
Why the obsession with gmail, there must be other providers, you do seem to make life difficult for yourself
It's not that I'm obsessed with gmail, it's just that that's what my other 2 accounts, plus the one I created that was disabled immediately, were. I want to stay with gmail so I can contact them to try to get my 2 original ones re-enabled, but wouldn't know how to contact them if I had an email account with someone else cos presumably any 'contact us' link would be for whichever email provider I was with. So if I was with, say, Yahoo for instance, if they had a 'contact us' link, then surely that would be to contact Yahoo, not gmail? Sorry if I'm not making any sense; I know what I'm trying to say but finding it difficult to put into words. Anyway, I'm giving up on it for now as it's stressing me out too much. I can still send and receive Purestorm emails through the site's internal system, so it's not a total disaster. Thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions though, I really do appreciate it.
Posted 22 Feb 2015
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
It sounds to me like Gmail doesnt like you...

When they realised something was wrong with your account they have probably now put your IP address (the method of tracking all devices connected to the internet) to a banned list and thats why new accounts are getting disabled immediately...

Create an account with another provider... and use that... and then query gmail as to why you are blocked.
Posted 22 Feb 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join