Website Advice Appreciated.

Website Advice Appreciated.

8 posts
11 Feb 2015
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
I want to go online with a personal website soon, and was wondering where to host it.

It will be purely my landscape / seascape stuff...so nothing to do with modelling as such. I'm not even sure if I wan't to sell from it...I'm thinking of it more as a showcase for my interests.

I have been thinking of using Clikpic......the price is right and it seems a popular package. I was wondering what people thought...any suggestions?I already have the domain name.
Posted 11 Feb 2015
Edited by anthonyh 11 Feb 2015
thelook
Photographer
thelook
I have used Clikpic and found it ok to start with. I now use http://www.websites-for-photographers.co.uk/ and find the web design much better and the support second to none.

Posted 11 Feb 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Squarespace is my favourite, very clean and versatile for non tech heads to get around, integrates seamlessly with smugmug for gallery and sales/password protected client areas - arranges print options via Loxley, also makes for easy blogging and very effective SEO.

Posted 11 Feb 2015
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Imagefile

Posted 11 Feb 2015
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
If its for your hobbies in general and just for you to showcase your stuff, then why not try Wix? Its easy to build, and better still, its free........

Posted 11 Feb 2015
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
swalsh58
If its for your hobbies in general and just for you to showcase your stuff, then why not try Wix? Its easy to build, and better still, its free........
I hope it will be the site for something more commercial in the future....maybe a physical gallery, but definitely a link to future live exhibitions. So it will need a suitably professional look, ideally one that I can enhance over time. I am quite conscious of all the research that indicates first impressions are formed within seconds of opening a website for the first time.....
Posted 11 Feb 2015
Midnite
Photographer
Midnite
wordpress is a very popular option, simple to do and you have full control without needing to be a web geek

Posted 17 Feb 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
I wrote mine in WebPlus and it was pretty easy. Do have a look.

Hosting varies from time to time so probably best to search for the current top web hosts.

Posted 17 Feb 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join