Constructive feedback...

Constructive feedback...

6 posts
7 Feb 2015
Hi, I'd just like you to look at my portfolio and let me know what you think If anything needs changing, taking down or adding, please feel free to comment. Thank you in advance.
Posted 7 Feb 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I think you need a bit more variety in your images.

I don't like the last one with you and another model with the other model doing something with your hair. It doesn't look natural with the clothing having fallen off.

I think you've been upfront about your tats and shown them in your images, which is good.

Avoiding tan lines is something to consider as it definitely causes issues on shoots.

You have a good smile and figure, so I think you have potential.

Posted 7 Feb 2015
Edited by HowardJ 7 Feb 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
I would like to see a close face shot without too much makeup added to complete a basic set that shows figure and face other wise as a starter portfolio for those after doing basic glamour shots its fine.

If you are looking to do it more seriously I would then sit down and have a think what work you are really after. I see the usual list of ticking everything that fits you levels but not the matching images. All we have is generic standing around in various states of undress shots with no real posing or indication of what you are capable of when pushed by an experienced photographer.

For example if you really want to focus on lingerie and glamour go out and buy some good quality well fitting underwear just for shoots. Then find a photographer within range who can shoot that style well along with a MUA and see if you can arrange a session that puts some serious images on your portfolio. Once you have that nailed then look at the next area. You don't need loads. You can always send further samples if needed. It is nice to know you can pull the right poses and bring the right outfits for a particular genre tough

Posted 7 Feb 2015
Edited by redbaron 7 Feb 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I'd have to agree with redbaron above. Quite a lot of standing about going on, little emotion or expressive posing.

I'd suggest you do what all the better models seem to do, find someone who's work is really excellent in the style you'd like to work. Pay or tf with them to get the best from your pictures and use these to attract work. At the same time you'll hopefully be pushed to pose at your best, and decide if you're any good at modelling.

Good models seem to work smart, they recognise paid work is always the photographers set,style and direction so isn't always going to show them at their very best, hence they collaborate smart or invest a few quid in their portfolio.

Posted 9 Feb 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
You look great.

But expressions/posing/modelling are a bit weak. Too many lacklustre hand-on-head shots which are usually indicative of a model who runs out of steam in her posing - they're the kind of poses models resort to when they're struggling. And you need to project more engagement through mood and expression IMO.

As commented above - you need more and better experience which I'm sure will come - photographers who demand more of you but support you at the same time.

Good luck
Posted 9 Feb 2015
Edited by marlhamphoto 9 Feb 2015
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
I'd shoot you for sure. I think some of the shots in your port make you look great and some are way unflattering.

Posted 4 April 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join