Favourite Films

Favourite Films

47 posts
30 Jan 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz

I could not help last night but watch for the 5th time one of my all-time favourite films: Man on Fire. I think it's an absolutely brilliant film that draws you in and makes the 2 hours 45 minutes flyby! cheeky

What's your favourite film? What type of film would you recommend?
Posted 30 Jan 2015
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Ladiesman

I could not help last night but watch for the 5th time one of my all-time favourite films: Man on Fire.

Are you a Bing Crosby fan? I think he was much better in High Society, released the year before.
Bob
Posted 30 Jan 2015
Edited by Bob 30 Jan 2015
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Well, I'm an out & out Sci-Fi fan - so NEVER tire of watching such classics like

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Abyss
Alien (you gotta luv John Hurt's brief appearance)

et al

Posted 30 Jan 2015
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
'Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid' - a great film about a man who is growing old,  compromises his beliefs as "times have changed" - and hates him-self in the process.

One possible scinario in the difference between youth and growing old.

"How does it feel Pat ?"
Posted 30 Jan 2015
Edited by SandyCamel 30 Jan 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Bob

Are you a Bing Crosby fan? I think he was much better in High Society, released the year before.
Bob

No I haven't seen High society. I will have to do check it out. cheeky

Other favourites include: Layer Cake which stars Daniel Craig.
Posted 30 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Meet Joe Black.

[Cos I'm a true romantic at heart!]

kiss
Posted 30 Jan 2015
Edited by marlhamphoto 30 Jan 2015
Dirkus
Photographer
Dirkus
Greetings

Well Kodak is my favourite and Fuji is a close second,
and I got really sad at the end of KR64, that was a tear jerker !!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun

Posted 30 Jan 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
My taste in films is very varied. I'm a big fan of Sin City & all the terrific actors and actresses that starred in the 1st film.
Posted 31 Jan 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
Dredd - an awesome action film. Love the bit where he says to the rookie, "you ready? And she says, "yes sir." And then he says, "You don't look ready." Then near the end of the film he says, "Are you ready?" And she says, "Yes sir." And then he says, "You look ready."
Posted 13 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Ladiesman

Dredd - an awesome action film.

+1, sadly underrated and didn't quite make enough money to make the other two they intended (I don't think American's get it because he's British).  The 3D on it's pretty awesome as well (although picture quality on the whole is somewhat questionable).
Posted 13 March 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
RedChecker

+1, sadly underrated and didn't quite make enough money to make the other two they intended (I don't think American's get it because he's British).  The 3D on it's pretty awesome as well (although picture quality on the whole is somewhat questionable).

I didn't know that he was a British actor. Not that that should make a difference. I would have thought the fact that he was absolutely brilliant at playing the part is what counts. cheeky

Very underrated film and even though it is a few years old I still love it.frown
Posted 13 March 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I was referring to Judge Dredd (2000AD, which Judge Dredd is from, is a British comic)

Although Karl Urban (who played Dredd, who's supposed to be American) is from New Zealand.
Posted 13 March 2015
Edited by RedChecker 13 March 2015
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer
GrimeAndGlamour
True Romance,
Gross Point Blank,
Clerks,
Beautiful Girls,
Say Anything.

Posted 20 March 2015
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Sharknado
Confessions of a window cleaner
King Kong (the remake)
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Police Academy VI
Anything with George Lazenby in it.

Posted 20 March 2015
Mr_Catz
Photographer
Mr_Catz
RedChecker

I was referring to Judge Dredd (2000AD, which Judge Dredd is from, is a British comic)

Although Karl Urban (who played Dredd, who's supposed to be American) is from New Zealand.

Well you learn something new every day.frown

Another film I like was on last night. It's called, The Hitman.

I've seen it at least 3 times but still enjoy watching it.cheeky
Posted 23 March 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join
Rss Feed