Page 3

41 posts
20 Jan 2015
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
I see "The Sun" is suspending its Page 3 Page. Any comments from photographers and models

Posted 20 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
I think the only time I've ever read The Sun was at a Chinese takeaway when I got bored waiting for my meal. And if my memory serves me correctly I put it back down again pretty quickly as I found the boredom preferable.

Posted 20 Jan 2015
Edited by marlhamphoto 20 Jan 2015
Yesterday's news
Posted 20 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
silkythighslou

Yesterday's news

... today's fish-and-chip paper.
Posted 20 Jan 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
I would have thought feminists would be just as outraged by underwear shots - surely a pair of exposed nipples is not that significant?
Posted 20 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mph

I would have thought feminists would be just as outraged by underwear shots - surely a pair of exposed nipples is not that significant?

I think the word 'feminist' must be an offensive term. Certainly whenever I've commented to anyone about them supporting feminist views the reaction has always been one of mild to moderate offense. So I've come to the conclusion that it's a term best avoided just in case.
Posted 20 Jan 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
marlhamphoto

I think the word 'feminist' must be an offensive term. Certainly whenever I've commented to anyone about them supporting feminist views the reaction has always been one of mild to moderate offense. So I've come to the conclusion that it's a term best avoided just in case.

I'm too bloody old to keep up with what you can and can't say, what it means or who you offend! 
Posted 20 Jan 2015
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
mph

I'm too bloody old to keep up with what you can and can't say, what it means or who you offend! 

In all fairness it's difficult for everyone as things are changing so fast.
Posted 20 Jan 2015
mph
Photographer
mph
RedChecker

In all fairness it's difficult for everyone as things are changing so fast.

I know - I typed "two blacks don't make a white" in a post the other day - and then quickly thought better of it!   No idea if it's wrong?    Sure as hell I wasn't thinking of skin colour!
Posted 20 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
mph

I know - I typed "two blacks don't make a white" in a post the other day - and then quickly thought better of it!   No idea if it's wrong?    Sure as hell I wasn't thinking of skin colour!

-------------------LOL

Black man laughing ----^

Or maybe he's snarling...
Posted 20 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
 Spoonerhythms!

Posted 20 Jan 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Not so long ago we have mothers, including some feminists protesting about womens rights to breastfeed their children in public, now we have feminists welcomming the ban of Page 3 models in the Sun. The real purpose of these campaign is not about topless women but are against pretty ladies and these feminists simply don't like the idea of men looking at attractive women. A true story. Many years ago a female friend took offence over my topless daily Star calendar and tore it down. Years later she came out and declare herself a lesbian So she wasnt offended by the images of topless women and actually rather liked it, just that she was offended by a bloke looking at it. Thing is my eyes, my mind and what I like is my own, within what is legal it is not for anyone else to decide what I'm allowed to enjoy seeing.
Posted 20 Jan 2015
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
We have complete outrage (rightly) re "je su charlie" which is to allow freedom of speech for artists printing cartoons in a newspaper .... then we ban "artists" publishing their work in a newspaper because we dont like what they are publishing - topless images... Sorry I really cant figure it out, the answer to the outraged Muslims is dont buy the magazines, then the outraged Feminists get to tell everyone else you cant print the pictures becasue they dont like them!
Posted 20 Jan 2015
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Yet outrage feminists don't buy the Sun regardless if it has Page 3 or not, it is just that they want to enforce their views and repression over men. Can you imagine topless fellas gets banned from all womens magazines the feminists and spineless politicians would be up in arms. Change.org needs a petition to bring boobs back on Page 3.....
Another way to reverse the ban is don't buy the Sun now that the only thing worth looking at is gone.

Posted 20 Jan 2015
Edited by Chandos 20 Jan 2015
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
The reason for the end of page three is the the Sun boss thinks its old fashioned. He's right really isn't he? Its a thing of the past.

Posted 20 Jan 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join