Bad experience with photographer!!!

Bad experience with photographer!!!

It seems this conversation has now been locked
15 posts
15 Jan 2015
I take it there is no protection against a TFCD based shoot in which the photographer fails to get in contact and you have seen absolutely NONE of the images from your work. I understand I wasn't paid and nor was he but I still gave my time, and he got the images and I got nothing!
Posted 15 Jan 2015
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
You can always give him an appropriate reference. Lots depend on what was agreed before the shoot, and how long you have been waiting. Have you been in touch with him? Email, telephone etc? Has he given any reason for the delay or just doesn't answer at all? Does he have a studio or somewhere you can go and speak to him personally?.
I always try and supply images within one week of the shoot, though there have been occasions when its up to two, but never any longer than that, and I always keep in touch with the model to make sure she knows whats happening.

Posted 15 Jan 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
If you did it via this site you can certainly leave a negative reference. You will not be able to expand on the reason but that won't stop other models contacting you for details.

In terms of payment though you were to be paid but in kind rather than cash. Those images are your payment and had a monetary value but sadly of course getting financial recompense for you loss would probably be more costly than it is worth.

Posted 15 Jan 2015
It was on this site and the shoot was on the 4th of January. I was told I could receive a couple of 'taster' images that night and could expect the CD within 2 weeks.
Later that night he text me and said that the wifi wasnt secured (we shot at the hotel he was staying at) and would send them the next day when he got home.
That day came and went. I messaged him on the wednesday, when the shoot was the previous sunday, and he totally ignored it. I then waited until 6 days after the shoot and messaged him again. He said he was in bed unwell and would send me a couple as soon as he was able... I said ok and mentioned arranging to get the CD with all the images. He didn't reply.

We are now approaching two weeks after the shoot and tomorrow will be a week since I've heard anything from him at all. He has logged onto Purestorm every day since.

I left him positive feedback as soon as I got in from the shoot (more fool me) ...

Am I right to be annoyed?

Posted 15 Jan 2015
Edited by misskitten93 15 Jan 2015
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
If I were you I'd contact site admin straight away and cease any further discussion in the forum.

Since he's a member here admin will be able to contact him and give him a nudge. If he values his membership and reputation he will respond to that nudge.

However discussing the matter on the forum won't stand you in good stead with admin - and you're better off having their support on the matter than not.

Good luck with it
Posted 15 Jan 2015
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
A load of tosh "the WiFi wasn't secured".

I keep saying this on posts similar to this but what did you agree with the person in regards to the amount of images, how many edited images, what size, and what would be the estimated time?

Posted 15 Jan 2015
Thank you for your afvice!

Posted 15 Jan 2015
paule
Photographer
paule
right to be annoyed.. quite possibly though its not as it it's even been the two weeks you'd agreed..

It's never good to not meet agreed timescales.. and stating that you'd receive 'taster' and then some the 'next day' maybe he just can't meet his, turns out unrealistic, deadlines..

January can be hectic for wedding photographers (if that's what he does) he may have had loads of appointments to make / keep with paying clients..

with TFP I always give a timescale with the caveat that it may slip due to paying work taking priority.. though they'll always get what we agreed..

You may yet receive the images..

Posted 15 Jan 2015
2 weeks roughly for a cd of my shots. That was all x

Posted 15 Jan 2015
FlashBangWallop
Photographer
FlashBangWallop
Its not been 2 weeks yet.
Give him a bit of breathing space ....my workload is currently 3 weeks. But yeah I keep models informed about that and dont ignore. Give him until 19th - send a polite reminder - if no reply leave reference and next time dont choose a numpty

Posted 15 Jan 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
2 weeks from the 4th January still leaves a little time, particularly if it was 'about' I understand you getting a little edgy. its the same as when you have a shoot booked and the model/photographer suddenly stops responding close to the date. If the photographer has been on site it seems a bit ignorant on the face of it but I think you need to at least allow the full time to pass before taking action.

Posted 15 Jan 2015
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Normally photographers who mainly go for TFCD shoots due to it being a Hobby rather than a job have their own things to be getting on with in life and don't always have lots of time to edit photo's,
i don't like giving people photo's until i've had time to properly go over them and edit them as needed, if it's his normal job then he may have more time although that still may not be the case if he has a big workload on.
It's not quite 2 weeks yet so give him some time, if he see's a thread like this he might think about not bothering with it at all.

Posted 15 Jan 2015
If i could delete the post i would. I only wanted some advice not to berbally bash the guy.. Was just upset but wanted to enquire...

I know i can't delete the post so would just ask for there to be no further comments? Thanks

Posted 15 Jan 2015
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
I'm sure you'll get them and i'm sure they'll be beautiful, after all the model was

Posted 15 Jan 2015
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
misskitten93

If i could delete the post i would. I only wanted some advice not to berbally bash the guy.. Was just upset but wanted to enquire... I know i can't delete the post so would just ask for there to be no further comments? Thanks

No one is attacking you as far as I can see, far from it! You asked for advice and looking through the posts there is sympathy for your concerns tempered with that advice, which on balance seems to be at least alllow the photographer the two weeks or so before taking any action. To put things in perspective even my paid portrait clients, who will not be expecting a full photoshop job, wait a week for their viewing. Boudoir and Makeovers are two weeks with 4 weeks from that to receive any finished artwork.they order. On the rare occasion I do a trade it can be two weeks before I sit down to even look at the images properly myself.

If you are concerned about the thread gathering a life of its own just drop a polite email to site admin asking them to lock the thread for you. I'm sure they will oblidge
Posted 15 Jan 2015
Edited by redbaron 15 Jan 2015
It seems this conversation has now been locked