Header Images

20 posts
29 Dec 2014
I know this may have been covered before, but can some one please explain how home page header images are chosen?
There are some bizarre ones passing through at the moment which do no justice to the site at all.

Moderator Input
The selection process is random, but last week an Administrator added a few Christmas themed images

Posted 29 Dec 2014
Edited by Jacqui 29 Dec 2014
grahamwhite
Photographer
grahamwhite
I know what you mean!
There is one at the moment that I think the photographer is probably embarrassed about...
Still, it's Christmas, innit?

Posted 29 Dec 2014
So the algorithm allows for selfies ?

Posted 29 Dec 2014
northwalesimages
Photographer
northwalesim..
not a good advert for purestorm having a selfie on main page for the last few days and she has a no show.ive been a member for a number of years and never had a front page image.think i will put a hat on and do a selfie
Posted 29 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
northwalesimages

ive been a member for a number of years and never had a front page image

How do you know that? So far as I'm aware people don't receive notifications to say their image has been included in the front page image banner.
Posted 29 Dec 2014
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Sadly as less members on here bother to upload images there is going to be less images to select from if the selection is made from just recent images.

Posted 29 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Fewer.
Once is forgiveable but twice is a sin!
Posted 29 Dec 2014
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
I think perhaps there are the same number of members, but fewer with a paid subscription. Limited numbers of images on a portfolio, would naturally lead on to fewer images uploaded. I rarely change mine these days. I did have a few on the front page back in the day.

Posted 29 Dec 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Random it isn't, or at least not consistently so. Over recent months the quality of header pics has improved, that's more about selection than having more pictures to choose from. Only a year or so back you could catch three or four header images from the same tog or model showing simultaneously, we've also heard here that a festive injection has been made to the current line iup. So, random, it isn't.

The current splurt of sexy Santa's is particularly shit.

Posted 30 Dec 2014
Come on, time to sort this out , the selfie and the terrible xmas images are still there, this looks so bad !!

Posted 30 Dec 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
silkythighslou
Moderator Input The selection process is random, but last week an Administrator added a few Christmas themed images
Damn it, and there was me thinking mine was included on merit. Now I realise that even though it was shot on a cold, blustery Fistral beach in November and Christmas was the last thing on my or the model's minds, the fact she was wearing a red, hooded coat obviously made it Christmasy enough for inclusion.
Posted 30 Dec 2014
PaulManuell

Damn it, and there was me thinking mine was included on merit.

Sorry to disappoint you Paul, but Home Page Gallery images are not picked on merit.
They are merely a selection of randomly selected recent 'Safe For Work' images
uploaded by Premium (i.e. Upgraded) members to their Purestorm portfolio.
Matt (our webmaster) wrote the programme which makes the Gallery work.
He also gave Moderators the ability to delete any inappropriate image from the pool.

(A few images displaying over the Christmas period were also added by Admin to give a seasonal feel)

If any member believes other member's images do not merit being displayed
on that member's Purestorm profile, and thereby possibly on the Home Page',
may I respectfully suggest that they start a forum thread in General Chat asking
the membership 1] what quality criteria should be set for images on profiles
and 2] which, if any, images on their own portfolio are of insufficient 'merit'.

Season's Greetings to all - irrespective of the perceived merit, or otherwise, of their work.   FM      .

Posted 30 Dec 2014
Edited by ForumModerator 30 Dec 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
It's ok, FM, I was only being light hearted, not serious.

Posted 30 Dec 2014
IMHO , images on the header should be a selling point for the site so it should be showing quality images to at least try and attract new members and get some of the leavers to return .
The home page is your shop window and at times it can look on here a little like a closing down sale !

Posted 30 Dec 2014
It would appear that the random selection of header images has made a slight improvement
Posted 12 Jan 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join