Mac-Mini

17 posts
8 Dec 2014
diipii
Photographer
diipii
I am looking for a recent i7 Quad core 16gb ram version Mac-Mini.
Cash or swap photo/video stuff.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
Edited by diipii 8 Dec 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
The new model doesn't have quad core, so you'll be looking at a 2012 model.

Companies such as dabs.com, very, etc. are still selling the old model. The RAM is user upgradeable and is around £120 for 16GB

Posted 10 Dec 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
HowardJ
The new model doesn't have quad core, so you'll be looking at a 2012 model. Companies such as dabs.com, very, etc. are still selling the old model. The RAM is user upgradeable and is around £120 for 16GB
As I am sure you know, the latest cannot be user upgraded. Nice one Apple!
Posted 10 Dec 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Which is why PCs are best
Posted 10 Dec 2014
diipii
Photographer
diipii
HowardJ
The new model doesn't have quad core, so you'll be looking at a 2012 model. Companies such as dabs.com, very, etc. are still selling the old model. The RAM is user upgradeable and is around £120 for 16GB
Thanks for this info. I've just had a look and they are not currently selling the spec I want.
Posted 10 Dec 2014
diipii
Photographer
diipii
RedChecker
Always makes me smile.
Posted 10 Dec 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
mph
As I am sure you know, the latest cannot be user upgraded. Nice one Apple!
Yes, but the RAM on the 2012 version which I was referring to can be ...
Posted 10 Dec 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
diipii
Thanks for this info. I've just had a look and they are not currently selling the spec I want.
In that case try eBay there's loads.
Posted 10 Dec 2014
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
RedChecker

I do agree, it's 100% true because the hardware on both is the same, Apple doesn't make ram or motherboards, or gfx cards etc etc
But with a PC you can freely upgrade.

However although i love my PC, i do know that if i ever went down the pro route, i would get a mac, just for the photo editing/ video editing and use my PC for absolutely everything else.

Very sorry for highjacking the OP's thread

Posted 11 Dec 2014
FosterPhoto
Photographer
FosterPhoto
Had high end windows pc for years ( I am an ex IT pro) recently changed to iMac desktop which I highly recommend for photo editing etc. I can build and ship and spec window pc that you may need.msg me for details and price.
Posted 27 Jan 2015
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
Also worth trying jigsaw24.com who may have some old stock, server models are often quite 'specked up'.

Posted 27 Jan 2015
diipii
Photographer
diipii
There's nothing around atm that would suit my use but thanks for the info.
I might wait and see what the next update on the Mac Pro looks like as there might be some serious video editing coming up.

Posted 27 Jan 2015
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
You could also look into building a high end PC (easier to do than you think, and cheaper than a mac pro) and then use mac software with it - just do a search for "hackingtosh" - one link below

http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604

Posted 27 Jan 2015
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
EllessePhotography
You could also look into building a high end PC (easier to do than you think, and cheaper than a mac pro) and then use mac software with it - just do a search for "hackingtosh" - one link below http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604
Unfortunately not in compliance with the Apple software licensing as it says something about only licensed for use on Apple hardware.
Posted 27 Jan 2015
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Take your point, just mentioned it as many people have done this before without any major problems...
Posted 27 Jan 2015
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join