models with freckles ? question over skin

models with freckles ? question over skin

25 posts
8 Dec 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
Last month I found a lovely new model a real beauty the shoot was great and aiming for more next year.

On the day I didn't notice her freckles on processing I normal try and beautify the skin every technique I tried the freckles show up even more

A question if I completely redo her skin I'm not keeping her true character. So do we show the the true model or show a image just to stop the comments on her skin

I would like other models, togs, mua views as it held up my processing looking for the answer and still find it a answer very difficult.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Do what you want, they're your images.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Freckles are often pretty cool looking, I think if you don't appreciate them its probably best to shoot people without freckles. Im not certain how you managed to shoot someone with a camera and not notice their facehad freckles in any case? Apologies in advance for what reads as a stupid answer to a stupid question.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
Edited by profilepictures 8 Dec 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
If you're doing a B&W conversion... make the red & yellow channels stronger as this will virtually eliminate them..

Posted 8 Dec 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
RedChecker

Do what you want, they're your images.

Of course if it was TF they are still your images but I would hesitate to try and remove them.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
Can you post an image of the offending freckles?

Posted 8 Dec 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Obviously a filter will reduce them.....but why bother? I have seen some lovely head shots over the years from freckly models....
Posted 8 Dec 2014
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
Freckles are lovely, I wouldn't dream of trying to remove them

Posted 8 Dec 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
I agree jackass in the end I didn't touch them for two reasons one I found her one of the most beautiful ladies j have had the pleasure To pphotography . Also we agreed and discussed in great depth shoots for next year even the mua has agreed locations.
So I didn't notice because I found her such a delight on a chilly November day. Also the pictures are attracting fantastic remarks for her and me.
So I might be on winter rest but had a fantastic years once again with my photography and look forward to next year.
Well they do say your as good as your last pictures and I will dance on the ceiling for what I shot

Posted 8 Dec 2014
If you shoot freckles "right" they can be the most beautiful thing EVER.

As a model with freckles I find that usually they aren't photographed to their "best" - I've found that harsh lighting really doesn't make freckles look very beautiful and that "less is more" when it comes to photoshopping said freckles.

Natural light + minimal editing + freckles is a beautiful combination.

Posted 8 Dec 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
Shooting with a freckly girl tomorrow. Just the opposite of the OP. Chosen for the freckles and looking at UTube to see how to make them more prominent. Some easy PS method hopefully. Thanks for the tip Chrissie_Red .

Posted 9 Dec 2014
gedimage
Photographer
gedimage
I certainly will enjoy working with them more in the future

Posted 9 Dec 2014
gminfocus
Photographer
gminfocus
I love freckles Natural light on the face, artificial light on the background
Posted 9 Dec 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
gminfocus

I love freckles Natural light on the face, artificial light on the background

Nice.  cheeky
Posted 9 Dec 2014
riddell
Photographer
riddell

Lighting, makeup, editing - whatever your clients needs or wants.

There are no rules to create beautiful images, just lots of mistakes that can be made resulting in mediocre images.

Posted 10 Dec 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join