Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

12 posts
5 Dec 2014
Hello all, Could you guys look at my profile and let me know what you guys like about it and what you'd change please? Many thanks Hannah
Posted 5 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
This is lovely, my favourite:

The three nudes, apart from all being very similar, are more glam as well as being a bit naff IMO. They don't sit comfortably with the rest of your port which would be classier without them I think.

Good luck
Posted 5 Dec 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 5 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Spotted this in your portfolio elsewhere - it's lovely too:

Posted 5 Dec 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Having shot with you, a photogenic and hardworking person and with a definite potential to make very good work.

The nudes shown don't do you justice I feel, a good figure but very average photography, you can certainly attract better collaborations and should do so.

You know my feelings about failing to credit photographers after TF arrangements already.

Posted 5 Dec 2014
PaulManuell
Photographer
PaulManuell
Love the 'That feeling when you see him...' shot and the nude from the waist up colour one.

Posted 6 Dec 2014
paule
Photographer
paule
nice natural look..

Posted 8 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
This is lovely, my favourite: The three nudes, apart from all being very similar, are more glam as well as being a bit naff IMO. They don't sit comfortably with the rest of your port which would be classier without them I think. Good luck
Thank you for your input, I'll take it all in
Posted 15 Dec 2014
profilepictures
Having shot with you, a photogenic and hardworking person and with a definite potential to make very good work. The nudes shown don't do you justice I feel, a good figure but very average photography, you can certainly attract better collaborations and should do so. You know my feelings about failing to credit photographers after TF arrangements already.
You are credited on the photo so felt to need to put your real name as you use 'profile pictures' just to clarify. Thanks for comments.
Posted 15 Dec 2014
Thank you all for your lovely comments I really appreciate it. I class myself as a slightly experienced novice so any help will go a long way!
Posted 15 Dec 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
PeachyTaylor

You are credited on the photo so felt to need to put your real name as you use 'profile pictures' just to clarify. Thanks for comments.

Without wishing to inflame a situation which is obviously a bone of contention between you, at least to some extent, you need to be aware that a photographer has the statutory right to be identified so long as that right has been properly asserted. The relevant legislation is sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/part/I/chapter/IV/crossheading/right-to-be-identified-as-author-or-director

In a nutshell - one way (there are others) in which a photographer may properly assert his right to be attributed is by identifying himself in a copy of the image - see s78 (3) (a). The photographer in question has clearly done that by including a logo in the image. Hence s77 (4) (a) applies and whenever the image is published commercially or exhibited publicly then he must be identified in any reasonable form.

So, in the case of images displayed on modelling sites, identifying the photographer by linking to his portfolio on that site (so far as that's possible) is not only a reasonable request but it's also his right (when properly asserted).

As I said - I'm not trying to inflame a situation - but since you describe yourself as relatively new it's as good an opportunity as any to point out some of the legal framework within which photography is conducted.
Posted 15 Dec 2014
Edited by marlhamphoto 15 Dec 2014
kingnorman13NK
Photographer
kingnorman13..
I think you have great potential beyond what I see in your profile images. To my eye you have a good face for portraits and the right look for fashion and much more. I'd like to see some full length shots to show your figure/legs, and perhaps there are too many and a sameness in the portraits that you show. So you could reduce these to replace with others to provide a more complete 'picture'. (I'd love to crop off that hand on your elbow in one of the shots - it doesn't seem attached!)
A pity you are so far away from central London!

Happy Christmas.

Posted 26 Dec 2014
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Looks like a good start.

Personally I'd change your main image to 'The Pose' as photographers want to see the real you as quickly as possible when they view your profile.

Posted 26 Dec 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join