Courtney flash repair

5 posts
28 Nov 2014
roger1944
Photographer
roger1944
any one know where I can get a pair of Solarflash untis repaired in Gloustershire/worcestershire

Posted 28 Nov 2014
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
I've got a couple of beat up Cortney 1000's
Ones slaved the other isn't but both work fine. Not too sure if the modelling bulbs are still in them though as I might have nicked em for something else

Come with stands, brollies and an approx 12" * 12" softbox which clips on the front. Got a plugin slave for the non slaved lamp in the very large case too

Yours (or anyones for that matter)

£100 + p&p

Edit: Thought I'd better mention that I'm pretty sure that the plastic nut or two on the sinc sockets are missing
Posted 28 Nov 2014
Edited by Carpe_Diem 28 Nov 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Might be cheaper to find others on eBay...I got two of the top of the range units (solaflash600) plus stands plus cases plus other bits (included a flash meter) for £120....hardly looked used. I got other units a lot cheaper. You have been unlucky.....I got my first two Solaflash 300 units 20 odd years ago and they have been the most troublesome...I've had to replace a fuse in one about five years ago....
Posted 29 Nov 2014
Bayrunner
Photographer
Bayrunner
Clive Christian in Uckfield, Sussex is your man.... www.camerarepairer.co.uk

Not exactly your area. but a shed full of parts and access to all the components. Also very helpful and reasonably priced

(Link corrected - apologies!)
Posted 29 Nov 2014
Edited by Bayrunner 29 Nov 2014
roger1944
Photographer
roger1944
many thanks to all replies, but I have managed to scavange a working flush unit from an other flash unit and all are working OK, for now.

Posted 29 Nov 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join