Whats Happening Purestorm

Whats Happening Purestorm

153 posts
2 Nov 2014
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
I am starting to question if I stay on here , I would confess to having used the other P site as my prefered option, but having been a member here for some time I really dont want to give up , But I feel the site needs to lighten up a little ,  Feed back graphs who has viewed and interactive tools are just not available , Knowing how many views an image attracts is a valuable tool as It the measure of succes  ! Come on Purestorm we want to know if our images are viewed or not  The negative feed back option should def stay !!!  I agree with it 100%  just give us  some toys to play with !!!!

Posted 2 Nov 2014
Paul_J
Photographer
Paul_J
'the other P site' has been serious competition to purestorm for more than 2 years now & there's been no overhaul of this site to add the improvements you're looking for, so doubtful it's going to happen now.

obviously it's up to you as to whether you stay or go & how useful your membership is to you. the days of 4/500 members being online & (my) castings getting 40+ replies (are there even 40 models online right now?) are firmly in the past now.

i still find the site useful, but i think we probably have the accept it for how it is.

Posted 2 Nov 2014
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
I guess my frustration is that competition is a good thing, in fact essential come on Purestorm step up !!! get back in the game

Posted 2 Nov 2014
MG
Photographer
MG
I've just discovered a brand new site.... Looks fantastic and seems to work really well. It's only just been launched so not many people on it yet but well worth a look... Hope I don't get in to trouble for this but its modelmaxim.com    This site has its good points and so does purple but it will be interesting to see how big this new one gets...
Posted 2 Nov 2014
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
In all honesty I don't think knowing how many views or likes or internet site awards and comment an image gets is any measure of its success within tiny ponds like net modelling sites. Maybe on the large photo portfolio sites or the likes of tumblr etc it's an interesting point, but even there that doesn't really mean very much. I dislike pp intensely anyway so no inclination to discuss its structure other than it has a great deal of smoke blowing going on which amounts to **** all.

Posted 2 Nov 2014
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
profilepictures

In all honesty I don't think knowing how many views or likes or internet site awards and comment an image gets is any measure of its success within tiny ponds like net modelling sites. Maybe on the large photo portfolio sites or the likes of tumblr etc it's an interesting point, but even there that doesn't really mean very much. I dislike pp intensely anyway so no inclination to discuss its structure other than it has a great deal of smoke blowing going on which amounts to **** all.

+1

If we all measured the success of our photography based on the comments our images received on modelling sites I know what we'd end up with - and it won't be pretty. What you have to understand is that the comments you receive rarely have anything whatsoever to do with the quality of your photography!

You might find PP useful in your area - it's close to an area which is locally strong for them - so it might be a good move for you. In my area it's pants - comprised more or less entirely of FB models who were encouraged to sign up and then wondered why they bothered.

Plus there's a significant and growing number of people who have either left PP through choice or have had their accounts removed for reasons that are difficult to understand. And it's evident that many people who remain there do so nervously. Nervous that if they say the wrong thing they'll be out on their ear too. And if that happens perhaps they envisage that they will encounter difficulty finding models outside PP?

IMO Purestorm's strength is that it doesn't mirror PP - either functionally or in the way that it is managed.
Posted 3 Nov 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
marlhamphoto

Plus there's a significant and growing number of people who have either left PP through choice or have had their accounts removed for reasons that are difficult to understand. And it's evident that many people who remain there do so nervously. Nervous that if they say the wrong thing they'll be out on their ear too. And if that happens perhaps they envisage that they will encounter difficulty finding models outside PP?

+1

I left after receiving e-mailed threats from management, apparently they didn't like it when I'd make sarky comments on the forums especially when it concerned one of their 'inner-circle'.  Never mind what they say though, even if it includes causing offense by making fun of rape victims but hey ho!

As for the models, it is a problem leaving there.  Many models who have accounts on both this and that site tend to only log into this one on a rare occasion which is somewhat silly IMO (some only come on here every couple of months or so under the belief that nobody uses this site any more).
Posted 3 Nov 2014
keithpics
Photographer
keithpics
I suspect other sites attract interest because their standards aren't as high as PS. That's why I stick with PS. I've been very grateful for the accurate and professional advice I've had from other PS members and the models have always been reliable. If it ain't broke let's be careful about getting the spanners out.

Posted 3 Nov 2014
Edited by keithpics 3 Nov 2014
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
I like it here, it's alwayz been a friendly place to be.
I don't shoot as often as I used to having decided to spend my money on new things, but I have noticed a big decline in replies when I post a casting.

Posted 3 Nov 2014
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
profilepictures

+1
Posted 3 Nov 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
keithpics

I suspect other sites attract interest because their standards aren't as high as PS.

+1

Posted 3 Nov 2014
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who pissed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences.
Matt deserves better.

Posted 3 Nov 2014
MG

I've just discovered a brand new site.... Looks fantastic and seems to work really well. It's only just been launched so not many people on it yet but well worth a look... Hope I don't get in to trouble for this but its modelmaxim.com    This site has its good points and so does purple but it will be interesting to see how big this new one gets...

Interesting that when one clicks onto 'About Us' on that particular site...it states  'It appears that we couldn't find the profile that you were looking for '  and on a BLANK page...mmmm

Purestorm covers it all as far as I am concerned.

Highly recommend Purestorm to all the photographers I work with.

Posted 3 Nov 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Another nice thing about this site is that the owner isn't involved with photography/modelling and it's comforting to know there's a level of impartiality in many of the site's decisions.

Posted 3 Nov 2014
Mazza1967
Photographer
Mazza1967
RupertRudd

I am always hugely disappointed and saddened for the management here in the disloyalty of so many who pissed off elsewhere for the most trivial reasons and small differences. Matt deserves better.

Hi Edd  I  think the point I am trying to make is that Its frustrating that purestorm is falling beind like it or not the add ons that other stes are using  are popular tools that members enjoy using .  To Stand still is to go  backwards , there are some great features on purestorm , such as the feed back system which allows  posative and negative feedback .

Having  a feed back system and being able to judge how many views you have on an image are fantastic tools !  especialy  when viewed  by fellow creative people
a few changes would I think make a huge difference to the site afetr all the more members the better  I  dont want to  leave  I  just  want o see the site give the others a run for thier money !!!

Posted 3 Nov 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join