Converting M2t Files to WMV

Converting M2t Files to WMV

3 posts
28 Sep 2014
TheStudioMK
Photographer
TheStudioMK
Any one know any good (free or cheap) to convert M2t files into WMV's ? We used to use Sony Vegas...

Posted 28 Sep 2014
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I had this issue a year or so ago, albeit with .MXF files. There's several shareware convertors out there (~£20-30) but I wasn't entirely happy with the quality as they massively reduced the bitrate from the source footage (in my case down from 50mbps to 20mbps). There are demos you can try out of you search around, Aiseesoft do one that wasn't bad from the trial I had. In the end I ended up with Sony Vegas (Pro) which natively read the files, and accelerated rendering through my video card. It also eliminates having to do the intermediate conversions stage which IMO would get to be a pain in the arse with lots of footage if you just want to crack on with editing.
Posted 28 Sep 2014
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Well as an m2t file is just an mpg2 file, I assumed that you could just put it into Windows Live Movie Maker and then use that to convert.

I have just done that, and it works although I have Adobe Premier CC and would have just imported it into Premier then using the Adobe Encoder.

Posted 28 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join