Amusing applications

Amusing applications

21 posts
19 Sep 2014
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb

My casting says I'll pay "this amount" for "these modelling services".
I get applicants that are interested and require 3 times what I'm paying.
Why do they bother applying?

Confused!

Posted 19 Sep 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
You know who they are. Why not ask them ?

Posted 19 Sep 2014
john_at_tina_spice
Photographer
john_at_tina..
Let's be kind and assume that work is so scarce that people will clutch at straws.

Or less kind and assume that they don't bother to read stuff. I have got into the habit recently of specifying in great detail rates, where I want to shoot, what I want to shoot, how far I will travel etc. I still get loads of responses from models from the other end of the country, who don't shoot to the required level and, yes, want more money than is on offer (sometimes more money that anyone would reasonably pay!). Such is life.

Posted 19 Sep 2014
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
Yeah, I know. I have been doing this for some 8 years... Sometimes it's just nice to vent... I usually write very detailed castings. They don't get read, and I get a bunch of questions. When I tried less details, I still get questions about the 5 lines that I actually wrote... .End frust
Posted 19 Sep 2014
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
That's the nature of the beast, the mention of scarce work, is probably a factor. But, like OP I do wish that a more careful look at more than just 'paid work' is done.
Just a couple that made me wonder what I'd put in the casting, one was a 3 hour shoot, stating , clearly Newcastle area, got a reply from Sussex.
Another studio shoot, gave day, date and times, I was asked if I could change day, date and time, as model worked that day?

Posted 19 Sep 2014
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
magpie1

Another studio shoot, gave day, date and times, I was asked if I could change day, date and time, as model worked that day?

Yeap, that happens a lot.
I travel and post my travel dates (on another site).
A lot of people ask to shoot out of my travel dates...

Posted 19 Sep 2014
Jackass
Photographer
Jackass
If work is scarce it's hardly refelected in the rates asked by some models. Some of them are quite amusing.

Posted 19 Sep 2014
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
I think it's just sloppy work reading the castings. I think it's a "cut and paste to every paid casting there is" kind of problem... But it's annoying. Looking to create a derivative of the abbreviation used many years ago; RTFM How about RTFC? Who's with me!
Posted 19 Sep 2014
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
kjoleweb
Looking to create a derivative of the abbreviation used many years ago; RTFM How about RTFC? Who's with me!
but then we would get "what does RTFC mean?, and i'm only asking £100 an hour, so what do you mean "foffski onyerbyke".
Posted 19 Sep 2014
Edited by alexcrawford 19 Sep 2014
kjoleweb

My casting says I'll pay "this amount" for "these modelling services".
I get applicants that are interested and require 3 times what I'm paying.
Why do they bother applying?

Confused!

My guess is as you state,  Payment; NOK 500/h   models have no idea what that converts to in  £ sterling and apply hoping their rates may be in line with your offer.
Posted 20 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
kerandastudio2

My guess is as you state,  Payment; NOK 500/h   models have no idea what that converts to in  £ sterling and apply hoping their rates may be in line with your offer.

+1 I know they could but it would make sense to give an idea of the UK rate. 
Posted 20 Sep 2014
Bob
Photographer
Bob
  so what do you mean "foffski onyerbyke".

Shouldn't that be fkoffski onyerbike?
Bob

Posted 20 Sep 2014
Edited by Bob 20 Sep 2014
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photogra..
kerandastudio2
Payment; NOK 500/h   models have no idea what that converts to in  £ sterling
Google is your friend. Most? don't probably know but one can use Google search to do unit conversions. For example, write 500 NOK to GBP and Google will give you the amount in GBP 500 Norwegian kroner =48.2908265 British pounds Likewise one can conver kg to pounds etc.
Posted 21 Sep 2014
blancho
Photographer
blancho
My favourite is where are you?

Firstly I put it on the casting. Secondly it's on my profile and all my websites

They then follow it up with where's that?

One day I will respond with have you ever heard of Google maps?

Posted 21 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
PHP_Photography

Google is your friend. Most? don't probably know but one can use Google search to do unit conversions. For example, write 500 NOK to GBP and Google will give you the amount in GBP 500 Norwegian kroner =48.2908265 British pounds Likewise one can conver kg to pounds etc.

Bearing in mind responses to TF castings include the reply "Is it payed".........
Posted 21 Sep 2014
Edited by mph 21 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join