Is your lover in bed with you?

Is your lover in bed with you?

35 posts
12 Sep 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
Now a well known court case has ended.....who here would arge they could be woken in the night...think there was an intruder in the house ....and not notice your partner wasn't in bed with you? Just curious.

Posted 12 Sep 2014
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I must admit, if I thought we had an intruder, the first thing I'd do is wake the g/f (to send her to deal with it, obv.). But that's me, who is to tell how different people would react?

That said, I don't actually believe he murdered her intently and I'm glad he was acquitted of those charges.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
Yes the weakest point in his case was not checking where she was. To me it seems he did murder her in the heat of the moment but only "on the balance of probabilities" - not enough in a criminal case.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
Thank god I'm known to "wander" about in the middle of the night.

If I'm not in bed my hubby knows I'm probably sat on the kitchen floor snacking on toast or ice cream. If he hears a noise in the middle of the night its usually me falling over my slippers at the end of the bed or a cat knocking something over.

We had a bat in our bedroom one night, I was awake and spotted it but wasn't sure what "it" was. I woke him up whilst I was terrified and screaming "theres something in the f£$king house" and he really did think we had a murderer standing at the door with a gun or knife.. Then when he fully woke up he was as terrified as me at the prospect of a bat being in the house.

- We didn't kill the bat though.

Posted 13 Sep 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
mph

Yes the weakest point in his case was not checking where she was. To me it seems he did murder her in the heat of the moment but only "on the balance of probabilities" - not enough in a criminal case.

I have been woken by strange noises on occasions and immediately go into 'alert mode'...it is what we do if we 'sense' danger. I cannot see any circumstances whereby I would wake to strange sounds and not immediately notice I am alone in bed had my GF being staying the night. And if not immediately I would while hunting around for a gun!!

To be blunt I believe there was a row.....she was scared and locked herself in the loo...he got a gun and shot four bullets through the door. To me...if you shoot four bullets through a door knowing someone is behind it...you intend to kill them. Whether that person is the GF or...as he claimed...an intruder!!
Posted 13 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
anthonyh
I have been woken by strange noises on occasions and immediately go into 'alert mode'...it is what we do if we 'sense' danger. I cannot see any circumstances whereby I would wake to strange sounds and not immediately notice I am alone in bed had my GF being staying the night. And if not immediately I would while hunting around for a gun!! To be blunt I believe there was a row.....she was scared and locked herself in the loo...he got a gun and shot four bullets through the door. To me...if you shoot four bullets through a door knowing someone is behind it...you intend to kill them. Whether that person is the GF or...as he claimed...an intruder!!
I agree - but proving it beyond reasonable doubt is another matter!
Posted 13 Sep 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
anthonyh
I have been woken by strange noises on occasions and immediately go into 'alert mode'...it is what we do if we 'sense' danger. I cannot see any circumstances whereby I would wake to strange sounds and not immediately notice I am alone in bed had my GF being staying the night. And if not immediately I would while hunting around for a gun!! To be blunt I believe there was a row.....she was scared and locked herself in the loo...he got a gun and shot four bullets through the door. To me...if you shoot four bullets through a door knowing someone is behind it...you intend to kill them. Whether that person is the GF or...as he claimed...an intruder!!
There seems little point in pontificating if you haven't listened to the actual story that the defence told. When he got up to investigate the 'intruder' his girlfriend was in the bed. She apparently left the bed whilst he was investigating the noise. And he assumed she was still asleep under the sheets when he returned.
Posted 13 Sep 2014
anthonyh
Photographer
anthonyh
stolenfaces

There seems little point in pontificating if you haven't listened to the actual story that the defence told. When he got up to investigate the 'intruder' his girlfriend was in the bed. She apparently left the bed whilst he was investigating the noise. And he assumed she was still asleep under the sheets when he returned.

So she is a flat deaf person then, that he claims managed to slip by him  and lock herself in the loo while he was investigating the intruder in the loo. It is not a question of not knowing what the defence claimed...it is a question of not believing it.

Posted 14 Sep 2014
Chosin
Model
Chosin
anthonyh

..he got a gun and shot four bullets through the door. To me...if you shoot four bullets through a door knowing someone is behind it...you intend to kill them. Whether that person is the GF or...as he claimed...an intruder!!

My thoughts exactly
You dont shoot all those bullets hoping just to scare some intruder 
He knew that he would kill whoever was behind that door  

none of it makes any sense to me 

Posted 14 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
anthonyh
 So she is a flat deaf person then, that he claims managed to slip by him  and lock herself in the loo while he was investigating the intruder in the loo. It is not a question of not knowing what the defence claimed...it is a question of not believing it.
His argument was, I think, that she went to the loo while he was shutting the patio windows. He then heard the noise and assumed it was an intruder not realising she gad moved. Still not entirely believable - but more so than your scenario!
Posted 14 Sep 2014
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
anthonyh
As I said, there's little point in discussing a case which you aren't aware of the arguments set out in the case. It would, of course, also be entirely pointless even if you had bothered to aquaint yourself with the case. As with most court cases the jury, or in this case judges, will have heard many weeks of evidence, and you haven't even bothered to listen to the news reports or read the basic arguments of the case. So what is your opinion of something you have shown ignorance of worth ? Listening to regular reports on radio 4 I wasn't particularly shocked at the result as the defence managed to raise serious doubts about some of the prosecution evidence, although his whining voice seemed enough reason to find him guilty of something. Compare this with the phone hacking and corrupting a public official case where Rebecca Brooks was found not guilty, even though many of us had actually seen her admit that the paper paid police officers for tip offs. But because it was in front of a parliamentary select committee it was not admisable evidence (parliamentary privilege). Now she's trying to get the taxpayer to pay her £20 M costs
Posted 14 Sep 2014
mph
Photographer
mph
stolenfaces
Compare this with the phone hacking and corrupting a public official case where Rebecca Brooks was found not guilty, even though many of us had actually seen her admit that the paper paid police officers for tip offs. But because it was in front of a parliamentary select committee it was not admisable evidence (parliamentary privilege). Now she's trying to get the taxpayer to pay her £20 M costs
Although it didn't happen in this case, it is one of the weaknesses of the jury system that you cannot stop the jury taking account of supposedly inadmissible evidence. Nor indeed be sure of them listening to the evidence.
Posted 14 Sep 2014
Edited by mph 14 Sep 2014
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Simply and after months the prosecution was still unable to prove premeditated murder but he has been done for culpable homicide.

Not the result many would have expected but we can not have trial by assumption?

Whatever happened he has to live with the guilt a part of which may be living with the biggest lies he has ever told? Nothing will bring back a beautiful woman in a flourishing career..an absolute tragedy.

Posted 14 Sep 2014
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Chrissie_Red

Thank god I'm known to "wander" about in the middle of the night. If I'm not in bed my hubby knows I'm probably sat on the kitchen floor snacking on toast or ice cream. If he hears a noise in the middle of the night its usually me falling over my slippers at the end of the bed or a cat knocking something over. We had a bat in our bedroom one night, I was awake and spotted it but wasn't sure what "it" was. I woke him up whilst I was terrified and screaming "theres something in the f£$king house" and he really did think we had a murderer standing at the door with a gun or knife.. Then when he fully woke up he was as terrified as me at the prospect of a bat being in the house. - We didn't kill the bat though.

Bat bat batties are so SWEEEEEET! Well done for not killing it when you were scared, though.
Posted 14 Sep 2014
JeromeRazoir

Bat bat batties are so SWEEEEEET! Well done for not killing it when you were scared, though.

Its because I'm not a murderer - my initial reaction was to hide under the covers, then it was to see what it was.

Then I googled how to safely get rid of it.

I don't have a gun but I'm guessing if I did that it wouldn't be my automatic reaction to grab it and start shooting...

Posted 14 Sep 2014
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join